Site Search Questions

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
JustJan

Site Search Questions

Post by JustJan »

I have two versions of my website (which is currently not online). The English version is located in the base folder. The French version is in a separate folder /french/. I would like to have two search engines -- one for the English site, and one for the French site. Is this possible using the Site Search included with WYSIWYG v. 15?
Also, I currently have the search bar at the top of each page, with the results to be shown in a frame in a separate page. I followed all the instructions, but I'm guessing I won't see any results until I've actually published the page on the server. Thanks for any assistance you can give with my question. It's my first bi-lingual website.
Pablo

Re: Site Search Questions

Post by Pablo »

This is only possible if you are using two different projects.
JustJan

Post by JustJan »

I have the English version in one Web builder file, the French in another (like two completely different websites).
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

In that case, you can have a two different search indexes as long as you publish the french version in its own folder on the server.
JustJan

Post by JustJan »

Should I include all the site search files into each folder (English version in the base folder, French in the French folder)?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You should treat both languages as different sites. So, publish all french files in the 'french' folder.
JustJan

Post by JustJan »

Thank you so very much!! I'll do my best and let you know if I have more questions.
JustJan

Post by JustJan »

I have the french version of the site online at https://www.forsythlure.com/french/
I have uploaded all the files into the /french/ folder. When I try to search, it goes to the correct page (search_results) in the folder, but nothing appears in the inline frame. Can you take a look and see what I've done wrong? Would sure appreciate the help on this one before I upload the same version in English.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There are multiple search input fields on the page. There should only be one.

Also, did you follow the instructions from the help?
JustJan

Post by JustJan »

I tried my best to follow the instructions , as they were in 2 different locations in the help section. So are you saying I should remove the 'search' at the top of the search_results page? That way there will only be the one 'search' on the page which is directly above the inline frame where the results should go.
JustJan

Post by JustJan »

I removed the search option in the menu section of the search_results page -- that way there's only search box on the page (directly above the inline frame). I'm still getting no results.
JustJan

Post by JustJan »

Since I'm still not seeing any results, I went back to the instructions and tried this:
Important: make sure that the Inline frame display an initial page. Some browsers will not display the page if there is no content in the inline frame.
For example: you can create a new internal page that displays some text like 'This area will display the search results'. Then set that page in the 'Link to' property of the Inline frame, so that page will initially be displayed.

The link to page is page1.html You can see the initial words in the inline frame now, but still no search results.
JustJan

Post by JustJan »

I'm wondering if this might be an issue --- when I building the page search_results.html and publish it, in my publish file, there are two html files:
search_results.html
sitesearch2-results.html
What is this second file? I didn't create it and see nothing about it in the help documents. I did upload it in case it was important.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I cannot see exactly what you have done based on the HTML only, but it looks like you have added 3 search fields to the page:
SiteSearch1
SiteSearch2
SiteSearch3
and they all have different settings!

Please use only one site search object on the page.

I was referring to the help section:
Site Search -> Show results in another page
Step 1 etc.
JustJan

Post by JustJan »

I'm trying to remove them. Apparently, when I built the page, I hid the ones not being used when I should have deleted them. Will try to fix all this and upload again in a few minutes. Thank you for taking time to look at my problem and help me.
JustJan

Post by JustJan »

I've tried removing all the searches except for SiteSearch. When I build, now I'm coming up with the following:
search_results.html
sitesearch-results.html

I understand the first one is the page I'm trying to upload. The second one I can't find anywhere! I have no clue where it's coming from or how it's being created. I've gone through everything in the object manager and I only have one SiteSeach now, which is located on Layout Grid 3.
JustJan

Post by JustJan »

I removed the inline link to page1.html, and I'm actually getting results in the search block now. I didn't upload the sitesearch-results.html but I still can't figure out where it's coming from. Also, I'm not getting very much results in the search box -- typical words used in the site don't show up, while some words do show up. I'm so very lost :(
JustJan

Post by JustJan »

I kept working at it, and it seems to be working now. I changed the site search indexing from text to content and that helped. I still have the second html file (which I uploaded), but have no clue where it comes from (sitesearch2-results.html)
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The second one I can't find anywhere!
This file is automatically created to display the results inside the inline frame.