Installing WWB and F-Secure

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
courriere

Installing WWB and F-Secure

Post by courriere »

I'm using F-secure and when I install a new version of WWB (since V14) I'm always obliged to deactivate F-Secure before.
Otherwise the process stop for this reason : Trojan : W32/CryptoRansomwareBehavior.B!Deepgard
I know that, it's not real problem for me but it could be others.
Pablo

Re: Installing WWB and F-Secure

Post by Pablo »

There is no virus in the software. This is a false positive. If you have paid for F-secure then please report this as a bug to F-secure.
Also, note that the official release has been digitally signed. So, maybe you have downloaded from another source?
courriere

Post by courriere »

I have been using F-secure for 10 years or more and I pay it.
I am not shure that they should consider a bug report coming from me as relevant. I know the answer : ask WWB ...

Thanks for your reply.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There is nothing I can do to prevent F-secure from incorrectly detecting a virus in WYSIWYG Web Builder.
If I was able to do that, then virus creators could do the same.
Only F-secure can solve this.
courriere

Post by courriere »

I have send all the informations to F-Secure team ...
mhinnc

Post by mhinnc »

For what it's worth...

I've used F-Secure SAFE, paid version, for the past 2 years. Haven't had any issues upgrading WWB nor installing updates.
And if I sometime confound dates and incidents, or tell the same old tale for the twentieth time, think "Oh what a vast field his laboring memory wanders."
courriere

Post by courriere »

I received this reply from F-Secure :

Our analysis has found that the file you submitted is clean.
We have identified the issue as a False Positive, which will be resolved automatically via F-Secure's Security Cloud.

For environments where applications change or get updated often, Deepguard may keep on detecting a new version of the application as 'rare' or 'suspicious'.

For these cases we'd appreciate if you could submit additional samples that are still detected in response to this email (inside a password protected zip). This is so that the offending detection that caused the false positive can be fixed.
Alternatively, you may want to configure a temporary Exclusion inside your F-Secure product while the issue is investigated
zinc

Post by zinc »

I am very surprised you investigated this matter at all. If this is an issue for anyone, and if they are familiar with the software and indeed with Pablo, it should not have been even raised. Most of the issues with installation and upgrading of this software is the users don't have admin rights or their security software. Pablo has been telling everyone that the software is CLEAN. He is not hacker but the developer of the software and yet it feels his words mean nothing because F***** Anti-virus throws a fit....

You should have ignored your AV software if you had version 14 and saved yourself used the actual software rather than doing the leg work for the AV company...

My opinion of course!
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Zinc,

I disagree. I think it was good of him to submit this - and F-Secure have used that to identify an issue with their product and fixed it.

Alan
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Wonder why Windows 10 users use AV softwares when the inbuilt Windows Defender does the trick... :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
zinc

Post by zinc »

Bluesman wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:41 pm Wonder why Windows 10 users use AV softwares when the inbuilt Windows Defender does the trick... :D
EXACTLY!!!
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
courriere

Post by courriere »

Everybody knows here that Wysiwyg Web Builder is clean and a very fine software. That’s why we are faithful customers.
But all WWB’ users are not experimented in such software as you can be dear Zing, as I can judge by looking at some threads here. Those people may also use F-Secure.
And from a marketing point of view, if they try WWB they could be desappointed by F-Secure message and not buy it.
Ok it’s Pablo business, not mine, but I think this question had to be noticed and it’s after Pablo advice (see above) that I submited this issue to F-Secure team.

Concerning Windows Defender versus other AV softwares, it’s another thing.

For me the subject is closed.