Google api fonts - partly not working in FireFox

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
LJLachance

Google api fonts - partly not working in FireFox

Post by LJLachance »

Not a critical situation but...

I am using the Responsive Menu for navigation. The font specified AND loaded for the entire site through Google api, including IN the Style of the menu is Source Sans Pro Regular. The font is good and works properly site wide EXCEPT in the responsive menu and ONLY with Firefox. Inspecting the page at FireFox shows the correct font specified BUT uses Time New Roman (system font) instead.

Is there a way to address this issue?

Also how do I remove a previously specified Google font that continues to load that I don't need? It is not listed in Google Fonts Manager and couldn't find it in the "manage fonts" section of tools/options yet it continues on every page?

Thanks
Pablo

Re: Google api fonts - partly not working in FireFox

Post by Pablo »

I am not sure what you mean by 'Google API fonts' But I assume that you are referring to the built-in Google Fonts option?
Whether or not Google fonts work has nothing to do with the software. The fonts are loaded from the Google servers.
However, it should work with any modern browser.

The software will not include any fonts that you did not use, so if the font is still included then you must have used it somewhere.
If you need help with this then please share a demo project so I cana see what you have done.
LJLachance

Post by LJLachance »

In Tools/Options/Fonts, I have specified “HTML @font-face: Use Google Fonts for non web-safe fonts."
Clicking on Manage, a list of fonts is displayed. I am not 100% certain but I think that at least two of them are not used anywhere on my site. So, I could just click on “Remove” but have not yet done so.

Launching Google Fonts Manager the ones I've specified are all there…and I don’t think it does any harm to leave them BUT– in my page html for all pages on the site, I find this link:

Code: Select all

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cambria+Math" rel="stylesheet">
Not sure where it came from (certainly I put it there but don’t know how or why) BUT, it’s not listed in Fonts Manager to remove.

I just want to clean up a bit – unless it really doesn’t matter.

The important part of the question for me is... why in Firefox ONLY, would the "responsive menu" ONLY, revert to the System Font of Times New Roman rather than use the specified font "Source Sans Pro" that works throughout the rest of the site? And even FireFox sees this yet it still reverts? Is there something in the code of the Responsive Menu perhaps?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

First note that the option "Use Google Fonts for non web-safe fonts" is deprecated. It has been replaced by the Google Manager.
See this related tutorial.
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/webfonts.html

Also, "Cambria Math" is not a Google font so it does not make sense to use it in combination with the option "Use Google Fonts for non web-safe fonts".

As mentioned, the software will not include font if you did not use them. So, the font must be used somewhere.
You can try to use "Global Replace" to replace the font.

Without seeing what you have done it's very difficult to give you any meaningful advise about why something does not work.
LJLachance

Post by LJLachance »

Actually, that was meaningful... and helpful ... global replace will work. If you get any information on the FireFox question, please let me know.

Last -
First note that the option "Use Google Fonts for non web-safe fonts" is deprecated.
I have seen the tutorial but ... does this mean that the entry for @font-face should be "do not use @font face" and the list of fonts configured when you click on "Manage" should be removed? I installed the Google Font that I 've been using and it shows up in both places - 1. Manage @ font-face and 2. Launch Google Fonts Manager.????

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

does this mean that the entry for @font-face should be "do not use @font face" and the list of fonts configured when you click on "Manage" should be removed?
Yes, if you want to use Google Fonts.
LJLachance

Post by LJLachance »

good to go - thanks for that