Where to install Template

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Fabian

Where to install Template

Post by Fabian »

Hi
I wanted to design a store and downloaded the ECWID e-Commerce template and put it in Documents/WYSIWYG/Templates, but it hasn't shown up in the software.

I don't think I've put it in the right place. I look around the site for a tutorial on what to do with downloaded templates but couldn't find anything so I came here.

Can someone tell me where the template should go, please?

Thanks a lot.
Fabian
crispy68

Re: Where to install Template

Post by crispy68 »

Maybe this video will help?

https://youtu.be/kNvRx_gS4YY
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Fabian

Post by Fabian »

Hi, and thanks for replying.

Setting up the templates in WWB 16 seems pretty easy and straightforward with the video and the tutorial you pointed me to. But I'm still a little confused.

There's just one snag with them and that is they all refer to template extensions as .wtp or .wwb (for older templates) which is fine, but the template I downloaded from the template section has the extension .wbx which through a spanner in the works when I opened it up in my documents folder.

Could you tell me, as I'm new to building a store in WWB16 where this .wbx file goes because the folder you told me to put it in isn't the right one?

It also says on the tutorial that Pablo sent me to "Also note that templates folder should ONLY contain templates (.wtp files)"

Don't get me wrong, I'm most grateful for your help, but I'd like to get it right from the start as this is a good indication that WWB16 is the right website builder to use for my business.

All the best.
Fabian
Fabian

Post by Fabian »

I've figured it out.

The .WBX goes in the 'extension' folder in C:/Documents/WysiwygWebsiteBuilder16/system/extensions/

So now that I've got that sorted out where do I go from here. Is the website built in WWB or online at ECWID's website?

Thanks again.
Fabian
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you read the included documentation?
Fabian

Post by Fabian »

Yes, Pablo I did read that and yet I can't figure out whether I build the site on ECWID or on WYSIWYG. Although I've added the extensions to my web page there isn't anything (Template) to construct like a store, nothing to put my products and their descriptions into to like a storefront.

I'd you don't have an eCommerce template to use can I use one of the other templates here to build the shop and just add 'Paypal' buttons to the products as I go.

Thanks.
Fabian
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You will need to add the products on the ECWID website.
Then you can use the extensions to integrate ECWID in you your WYSIWYG Web Builder website.
Fabian

Post by Fabian »

Thanks for that simple explanation.

It explained everything I wanted to know as I wasn't quite sure where you actually put the site together. As a first-time user of ECWID, it all got too confusing.

Thanks for your time Pablo.
Fabian