updating WYSIWYG version

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Nitrid-2

updating WYSIWYG version

Post by Nitrid-2 »

Ijust downloaded the updated version of WWB. I ran a virus check and then hithe "extract" but there is no instruction of where to extract the files to most programs I have used have either a set up wizard or it automatically assigns the files to a designated place on my C drive any tips on where I should extract these files t?
Cheers!
wb_user

Re: updating WYSIWYG version

Post by wb_user »

Nitrid-2 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:37 am Ijust downloaded the updated version of WWB. I ran a virus check and then hithe "extract" but there is no instruction of where to extract the files to most programs I have used have either a set up wizard or it automatically assigns the files to a designated place on my C drive any tips on where I should extract these files t?
Cheers!
you should try to install new update. it replace on wb and you will can check that in wb ~> about window.
for example i have wb WYSIWYG Web Builder 16.3.1 and i download new 16.3.2 and install that. after install i go to about window and i see my wb is updated. https://ibb.co/gWDRnGR
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The zip download has a setup.exe
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

What you download is a zip file. This contains a program called setup.exe. Extract that to wherever you like and run it. That will install WWB to the correct locations.

Alan
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

Pablo
Thank you I found the setup.exe file and clicked to run as administrator a WINDOWS error came up: "Windows protected your PC
Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.
More info"

it did not give me the option to run anyway so I just closed the error message but still cannot run setup because the the same thing repeats.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Turn off MS defender, run the setup and then turn defender again
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There is no virus in the software.
Also, the setup.exe has been digitally signed so this is a Microsoft Defender configuration issue.
lummis

Post by lummis »

If you click More Info you get the option of continuing.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

As Lummis said - there is an option to continue, but it's hidden away. Click on 'More' and you can then carry on.

This happens to me if I run the setup.exe program from within the Zip file but doesn't if I extract it first.

Alan
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

I turned off Defender and tried to run "setup" again with the same result.

How can Setup be run from inside the zip file without first extracting, as was suggested above??
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

You have to extract the zip file first. It doesn't matter where you extract it to (I do it on my desktop). Then run the setup.exe file and it will install everything for you.
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

I want to thank everyone for their input!

I have now managed to install the program.
I right clicked on the install.exe file and it gave me an option to "troubleshoot" which then gave me the option to "test program".

Long story short it seems that because the previous version was "Open" it prevented the installation, It gave me the option for the installation to close the open program which I tried but it didn't work, so I closed the open program manually and hit "install" and the installation proceeded without any further problem. Hopefully this will help others who may come across the same problem
Cheers!