Newest Update

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
cfortney

Newest Update

Post by cfortney »

I have used WYSIWYG for a very long time and I love it. The most recent update came and I downloaded it and installed it and tried to open it and it will not open. I get no error message and I was told that no one else shares my problem. I would like to know if it would be possible for me to go back to a version that worked ... The one before this last update so that I can finish a website started in that version. If anyone can give me that version I would appreciate it. There was a windows update that happened on the same date. I have done a windows 10 repair and removed all WYSIWYG software to get a clean install. All other software is working fine. Just the new version of this app won't even start. Just that loading screen appears for a minute or two and then it goes away with no message. I am not even sure my idea will work. Anyone have any ideas? Windows 10 Home 64. I was trying to use the 64bit newest update. Note: After running my repair I installed it again and got the same result.
MGD4me

Re: Newest Update

Post by MGD4me »

When you say "repair", do you actually mean "restore"? Restore should* be able to bring you back to a previous point in time, and preferably before the last Windows update. That is most likely what caused the issue you are having, as the latest version 16 runs fine on Win10 64bit machines.

What else is there? Firewall, virus checker, or missing Extensions. That's about it. What is the version of WWB that you upgraded from? If it was an earlier version 16, then I am even more convinced that it is not the WWB upgrade which "broke" your install.

* = "I have been wrong before"
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What is the previous version you were using? The latest update does not have any major changes.

Did you add the software to the exception list of your firewall and virus scanner?
Are there any errors related to the software in the Windows event log?
cfortney

Post by cfortney »

Hopefully this helps (From event viewer):
WebBuilder.exe
60a4b5bd
WebBuilder.exe
60a4b5bd
c0000005
00000000008e0580
01d75254876d41d6
C:\Program Files\WYSIWYG Web Builder 16\WebBuilder.exe
C:\Program Files\WYSIWYG Web Builder 16\WebBuilder.exe
363ec0c5-4eee-46e9-b967-1303fa1a1885
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Sorry, this does not give me any useful information.
Did you do a full reinstall?
cfortney

Post by cfortney »

On the day of the release of the new version I downloaded and installed it just like previous versions. The night before there was a Windows 10 update. When WYSIWYG would not open, I did a Restore back to a point where I knew things were ok. That did not fix the problem. The program hung and did not open. No message given. I uninstalled all versions of WYSIWYG, as there were a few old ones in there too ... I believe as far back as 12. Then I did a reinstall of the newest version one more time and still the same issue. Now we are up to date to last night when I backed up my files and did a REPAIR KEEPING APPS AND PERSONAL FILES. That has not helped either. Reinstalled today and same thing .. it hangs and won't run at all. I have now removed it again. I am not an IT person. I just try to do the simple things I know.
cfortney

Post by cfortney »

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 5/26/2021 2:26:31 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-5VVB2H6
Description:
Faulting application name: WebBuilder.exe, version: 16.3.2.0, time stamp: 0x60a4b5bd
Faulting module name: WebBuilder.exe, version: 16.3.2.0, time stamp: 0x60a4b5bd
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000008e0580
Faulting process id: 0x68c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7525ca54fdbf7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WYSIWYG Web Builder 16\WebBuilder.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WYSIWYG Web Builder 16\WebBuilder.exe
Report Id: 11ffacec-5f06-4a80-90b5-517d04d6cb08
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-05-26T18:26:31.7271643Z" />
<EventRecordID>723</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-5VVB2H6</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>WebBuilder.exe</Data>
<Data>16.3.2.0</Data>
<Data>60a4b5bd</Data>
<Data>WebBuilder.exe</Data>
<Data>16.3.2.0</Data>
<Data>60a4b5bd</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>00000000008e0580</Data>
<Data>68c</Data>
<Data>01d7525ca54fdbf7</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\WYSIWYG Web Builder 16\WebBuilder.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\WYSIWYG Web Builder 16\WebBuilder.exe</Data>
<Data>11ffacec-5f06-4a80-90b5-517d04d6cb08</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Have you tried downloading it again?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Please try the following. Uninstall WB from your PC and use a clean up tool such as Ccleaner to try to clear any temporary files created on your PC along with deleting all temporary files. After this I would redownload a fresh copy of WB to your PC do not try to install. Before doing so I would disable any AV (Antivirus) software this includes Windows Defender or any third party software I would also disable Windows ransomware as well. Also ensure that you have no programs running and that all browser windows are closed.
Now that all temporary files are deleted and any AV software is disabled and nothing else running in the back unzip the software to a New folder or just to your desktop. Start to run the program if you get any notifications informing you to not allow installation ignore them and continue till the program is installed. Now before opening ensure all extensions are installed if any then try to open and report back with any errors in any and messages displayed.
cfortney

Post by cfortney »

Everyone loves bacon so I figured this might work. Did everything you said and same result. I have no idea what is causing this. It is terribly frustrating. I have a big job pending and I can't access the software to do the work. I suppose no one can give me the one that worked before. I am thinking that it was the windows update that caused this. Something does not work as it should. In all the years I have used this software on four pcs, it always worked perfectly. I am so frustrated. :cry:
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

So if the need is great... did you consider using the 32 bit version?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

I assume you have tried rebooting your machine?
cfortney

Post by cfortney »

I downloaded and installed the 32 bit version and that did not open either. Disabled defender and ransomware. I even added the software to the exception list on defender. Rebooted more times than I can say. Anyone know of an IT tech support (remote) that charges on a single use basis, that is reputable?
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

How are you trying to open the program?
cfortney

Post by cfortney »

I have tried to run it as administrator as well as just opening it. From the desktop icon as well as from the exe in the program files. I was researching and I found this today from the microsoft website: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 7b698e4b63 Maybe I am not alone after all?
bburgess

Post by bburgess »

Hi cfortney,

I have not read all the thread, but yo may want to look at your DEP settings just in case.

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is built into Windows 10 and adds an extra layer of security that stops malware from running in memory. It is enabled by default and is designed to recognize and terminate unauthorized scripts from running in reserved areas of computer memory.

Maybe for some reason it has been activated?
KISS is the key!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Please try this:

Step 1
open regedit.exe, this is a standard Windows utility.

Step 2
Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Pablo Software Solutions\WYSIWYG Web Builder 16

Step 3
rename to "WYSIWYG Web Builder 16" to "WYSIWYG Web Builder 16 backup"

Now try to run the application again.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

I have posted the last few versions here https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mvhb8zqiwl3l ... s.zip?dl=1 for you to try.

It's 96Mb and consists of a few Zip files, each with a version number and issue date.

Alan
cfortney

Post by cfortney »

Pablo ... I am in tears ... THANK YOU .. THAT WORKED. Thank you so so very much! And thank you to all of you who tried to help me. WOW ... :D
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Good stuff.

I have removed my old versions repository as it's not needed now (and I don't want to put old versions out in the wild if possible).

Alan
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Glad it's Working! Good luck and enjoy.
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!