overlay menu

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
jpd

overlay menu

Post by jpd »

Hi

I have several questions regarding the overlay menu feature and hoped someone here might be able to help.

First question, when I open the menu, the page scroll bar disappears which makes the whole page move by the width of the bar. It's quite annoying visually, is there any way to stop this from happening?

Second question, if I open and close the menu more than once the menu reopens behind other objects in the page, even though it's was moved to the front of the page. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Third question, the drop down menu falls below and to the right of the icon, is it possible to make it fall below and to the left? I couldn't see anything in the menu box.

Best regards
crispy68

Re: overlay menu

Post by crispy68 »

Hello,

1. It jumps due to the scroll bar being hidden (approx. 18px). In the code, the body overflow is set to 'hidden'. This is done so when the menu is open you cannot scroll the page in the background behind the menu. If you don't care about the background being able to be scrolled while the menu is open, then you will need to change 1 thing in the .js code generated for the menu. It will need to be changed each time you publish. If you want to know how, let me know. Otherwise, it is what it is.

2. Do you have a demo project of the page doing this? Hard to say without seeing what you have set up. Not aware of this happening.

3. Not sure what you mean by this. What icon? Can you be more specific?
jpd

Post by jpd »

Thanks for your reply,

I've attached a link to a mockup of the project to illustrate what's happening, the first time you click on the menu button in the top right hand corner, it drops down in front of the other images, which is where it should be. If I close the menu, then reopen it, it appears behind the image.

The third question was referring to the position of the drop down menu, you can see that it appears below and to the right of the menu button. I was wondering if it's possible to have it open, below and to the left? So that it doesn't visually change the layout of the page as much.

Thanks for your reply about the scroll bar, I had wondered if that was the reason but I know absolutely nothing about coding so I'll have to look into it and decide whether it's something I can do or just have to live with.

http://www.jonathanpauldavies.com/page1.html

Additional note, the problem with the menu going behind the image seems to depend on how quickly you reopen the menu. If you wait a few seconds it works properly, if you reopen it quickly, it goes behind the image.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Sorry, hard to say much from the published page. Can you upload a copy of your project file (.wbs) to your server and provide a link to download it? With 1000's of settings in WB, it's easier to diagnose after seeing what you've done.
jpd

Post by jpd »

Hello

I've added a link to download the file, it doesn't download the images but I'm guessing that won't matter.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help.

Best regards.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thank you for sharing the project, that was very helpful.

There was an issue with the z-index of the popup menu. This has been fixed in the latest build (6/8/2021).
You can download the update here:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
jpd

Post by jpd »

Thanks Pablo.

Best regards.