Text in box on the Footer embedded page stays Centered regardless of changing alignment from left to right etc .

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
matthewthenewbie

Text in box on the Footer embedded page stays Centered regardless of changing alignment from left to right etc .

Post by matthewthenewbie »

Hi Wysiwyg Team ,

I have recently bought this software and I have been completely stuck on a major issue , I am trying to - build a retro like styled website , very basic with a standard 960px width on every page , and - in one large text box - provide a list of links at the footer of each page - i am using 1 page as a footer master/embedded page .

The BIG issue is the text looks good , being evenly spread out and neat with two columns of text/links being displayed , however , in preview and published online , the content in this box scrambles the text in a manner where they are squished together , as is intentionally centered , I have tried many different way to correct it even using left , centered right and justified align buttons to no avail .

I have attached a Dropbox link for you to look at the files etc , I can really use your input on rectifying this issue .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mimity1qjfayh ... 2.zip?dl=0

I look forward to any ideas on how to fix this issue . Thanks in advance .
BaconFries

Re: Text in box on the Footer embedded page stays Centered regardless of changing alignment from left to right etc .

Post by BaconFries »

the content in this box scrambles the text in a manner where they are squished together
If you are using large blocks of text in one text object then it is advised to break these up multiple objects for best results.Read from;
How to optimize text for different browsers?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34318

I would also rethink about just using one page size of 960px for all of your pages. This may be ok for just viewing on the likes of Desktops / Laptops in the past but it isn't really good practice for todays use. Todays user is more likely to be viewing on there mobile devices such as Mobile phones Android, iPhone, iPad and Tablets. So to meet this market of user you should really be looking at using RWD (Responsive Web Design). Google also really expects this and without it could affect page ranking due to what they consider poor user experience. Please read from the following urls below on what layout method would be best to use for your pages.

Responsive Web Design FAQ
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63817

Which layout mode should I choose?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=76722
Pablo

Re: Text in box on the Footer embedded page stays Centered regardless of changing alignment from left to right etc .

Post by Pablo »

I have downloaded your project but I do not see anything wrong in preview.

However, usually issues with text are related to the DPI configuration:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=85917

If you need further assistance then can you please be more specific, what does it look like for you?
matthewthenewbie

Hello Bacon Fries and Pablo !

Thank You both for your quick replies !

OK , so where do I begin ? hmmm , ok ...

So first of all , I am a long time user of Serif Webplus X6 etc , that company taught me a tonne of stuff when it came to Wysiwig softwares .
Everything I want to do now , 80% can still be achieved using that software , the only major reason I decided to buy your Wysiwig is because Serif no longer update nor support their software and you have this forum to share information and support , otherwise I would not have bothered buying the product - that is a compliment by the way !
On a quick note , I have a copies of Serif Webplus X6 , if you want a copy to reverse engineer it i will happily put it in my dropbox for you to have a go at , see what makes it so effective and efficient , maybe bring over a few new tricks etc to your wysiwig , I mentioned this to Serif just before they discontinued it , they did not mind as they soley were focusing on their new Serif Affinity producty for SAAS ( pay monthly software as a service ) , they lost a lot of paying customers because of SAAS licensing activities .

Bacon Fries ,
thanks for the advice , I am aware that I 'should' break up blocks of text into small segments - according to Google , but I know ( being old school ) and just using basic text placement works correctly on a high majority of devices , I dont follow the crowd especially if being dictated by Google . Also utilising 960px on every page does increase performance on my end and output for the visitor as this was one of the core compatibility issues addresses way back from the 1990's - 960px is a standard for both legacy and newer website and modern devices .
However I will review your suggestions of 'Responsive Web Design' and 'layout mode' .
Just to let you know , my target audience are Samsung mobile users , 960px width works extremely well both portrait and landscape modes .

Pablo ,
It is good to hear from you !
Yes , you are correct , the 'Preview' show everything is AOK , but when published it goes wrong and disorganised , the text behaves as if it is stuck in 'Centered' alignment .
I have included a zip containing screenshots ,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jhqc6w74jaokn ... rs.7z?dl=0

all that you see , is shown exactly on all devices browsers , laptops ( Chrome ) , Android mobiles ( Samsung Internet and Chrome ) , ipads ( Safari ) and iphones ( Safari and Chrome ) .

You can see a live view of the result now , if you wish , whilst I am trying to figure all this out on my own until I hear from you Pablo or Bacon Fries etc
https://www.carerslottery.co.uk/index.html

I will try out your 'text DPI configuration' recommendations and come back to report on my results in about 4 hours time .
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Sorry, I didn't see the text in the footer.
It looks like you have uses spaces or tabs to align the text columns? This is not very reliable because every browser renders text in a different way.
The only works reliable with Monospaced fonts:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... _typefaces

To create columns of text you can also use tables or layout grids.
matthewthenewbie

Ignore this box , i have no idea how this (previous message) was sent twice .
Last edited by matthewthenewbie on Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matthewthenewbie

Just a quick update ,

I decided to take Bacon Fries and Pablos advice to use a seperate text box to form a column , for the footer , it works and it is a bit cleaner but more labour intensive to update than what I am used to , but I adapted .

Also , I tried to figure out how to place a image from my c: drive to a page , but you have to choose the space it fits in , where as Webplus X6 makes you choose the file and it brings it in , and you see it as the actual size it is on screen , so you can determine if you need to edit ( shrink size , increase size or sharpen quality etc ) the actual image or other type of edit .
... I dont suppose there is a way to do that , is there ?
Thanks .
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can also drag & drop images to the workspace.

If you copy text from another source then it may include invalid (non-web safe) formatting.
That is why it's always better to insert plain text and do the formatting directly in WWB,

To insert plain text, use 'Paste->Keep text only' or hold down the SHIFT key while pasting the text in a text object.
matthewthenewbie

Pablo wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:05 am You can also drag & drop images to the workspace.

If you copy text from another source then it may include invalid (non-web safe) formatting.
That is why it's always better to insert plain text and do the formatting directly in WWB,

To insert plain text, use 'Paste->Keep text only' or hold down the SHIFT key while pasting the text in a text object.

Hi Pablo ,

Thanks for that massive tip !

1 : Re : 'Paste Keep Text Only' - I only just learn't this last night , I managed to accomplish old school 'space text formatting' as it was described , but , I had an hour to spare and decided to push myself trying out what you and Bacon Fries recommend - I learn something new !

2 : Regarding the images : At first I was placing everything using the mouse by eye , bringing in the image using the image button and creating an uneven sized box , I found it very hard because I had to know the pixel dimensions of each of my images I wanted to use , and it would jump 5 to 10 pixels at the edges of the screen or other objects which was very frustrating , HOWEVER , after what you ( Pablo ) explained lst night , was a life-saver .

I learn't 2 new things bringing in images using WYSIWYG :

(1) The Drag and Drop feature for images are ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT it brings in the picture as you would expect in a WYSIWYG , showing the image as it is normally seen - pixel by pixel !
I am building a new website from an old software format ( Serif WebPlus X6 ) , This is going to save me a lot of time :-)

and

(2 ) I noticed when I used the mouse to drag into place an image , it was hard to place because it would sometimes jump 5 to 10 pixels when trying to refine placement at the edge of the screen or other object etc , I figured out if I 'JUST' Drag and Drop the image where I want it to be roughly , I can , whilst the image is still selected , use the ARROW KEYS ( Left , Right , Up , Down , ) to use as a refined placement in order to move the image EXACTLY where you want - pixel by pixel - IT IS BRILLIANT !

I do have any other question though :

When you place image , object , text boxes etc , is there any way to increase the intensity of the colour or brightness ( to stand out more ) of the automatic placement guidelines ? - It would be a massive boost ( for my eyes ) if there is a feature like this .