hosting server

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Cobbers123

hosting server

Post by Cobbers123 »

Sorry if this is simplistic! I've been using WYSIWYG successfully on Strato hosting (www.cobon.co.uk). I now wish to change to HostPapa. However, when I asked if I could upload using WYSIWYG the support guy was not sure.

they said this.. Raymond V. 12:28
I checked on their website, It does not say if the built website can be uploaded to a web hosting server, also cant find any requirements on what kind of hosting server their website requires.
I cannot say if we can support their website or not without knowing what server requirements they need....

Does anyone use HostPapa or can confirm I will be ok wby switching over to them?
Pablo

Re: hosting server

Post by Pablo »

Websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder work with any hosting. Because the generated pages are standard HTML .
For advanced features, like login or the CMS, the server needs to support PHP and mySQL.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

WYSIWYG Web Builder 16 (the current version) supports both normal FTP as well as Secure FTP. You may want to check on their website what they use so you can select the right option in the WB publish profile.
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
Cobbers123

Post by Cobbers123 »

Excellent, thanks for the quick replies both. That's reassuring. I thought it would be ok but just wanted to check.
Cheers
Chris