Need of SQL database for newsletter subscription?

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Aris

Need of SQL database for newsletter subscription?

Post by Aris »

Hi!.

Probably my question is stupid, but I do not know the answer.

I wish to collect Name and Email from my visitors, in order to send to them some newsletters.

I must create an SQL database?
If YES, I must follow all the steps with Login Tools, or there is a simpler way in order to visit the database.

Please, take into consideration that there is no other signup form in my website. I wish only collect Name and Email.

Thank you.
ARIS
crispy68

Re: Need of SQL database for newsletter subscription?

Post by crispy68 »

Typically you would use a database for this info. How do you plan on sending a newsletter? What are you using to create the newsletter? Will your newsletter read the data in a database and send out the newsletter? Or are you doing this manually from your desktop? In that case, you wouldn't need a database. You would receive the email and you could add it manually to a spreadsheet for example. Depending on how many people you think may sign up, you may also be able to take advantage of a 3rd party option to integrate into WB like mailChimp. The way you go depends on how exactly you plan on implementing your newsletter.
Aris

Post by Aris »

I thank you crispy68.
Your answer says everything!

I wish to take advantage of mailChimp. So, I think it is better to collect Name and Email manually.

Thank you again.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

If you use mailChimp you wont manually need to gather the email and name. This will be done by mailchimp. They will provide the sign up form code for you and you simply insert it into WB using the html box. The free plan is up to 2000 contacts.
onlye

Post by onlye »

I have several customers using the Newsletter script from phpjabbers. It has a form to collect the names, manage list, create simple newsletters and send them out. Some of my customers left Mailchimp due to censorship of their newsletters.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
Aris

Post by Aris »

Thank you onlye.

I think it very helpfull.