Content place holder and grids / Nesting multiple sites in one project

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Hbrownell

Content place holder and grids / Nesting multiple sites in one project

Post by Hbrownell »

Hey folks,

So, I have a couple questions that I think fit this forum.
First,
I have a master page that needs a constant menu on the left and content changing on the right "https://www.henrisandbox.com\Files\temp.wbs" I can't seem to get the place holder to locate into a LayoutGrid. (I'm using V16). How can I make this work?

Next,
I have a site that will contain multiple sites that all pull the same information and many of the same pages. It's just the couple of pages on each site that will have it's own content. How would you lay that out in terms of the site manager and nesting the pages? Can I have a bundle of pages that are outside those nested sites and have them go back to the original page they came from? ( IE They go to the landing page, click on a product, and then the navigation automatically will send them back to the page they came from. ) Next, I'd like to have just the 1 repository for all working documentation and images if possible. Right now I notice that if I place the pages in a folder it seems to want to have it's own working images folder or pdf folder. I know this one is a little more involved, but I figure I'd ask before getting too deep and having to start over. Thank you!!!
Bluesman

Re: Content place holder and grids / Nesting multiple sites in one project

Post by Bluesman »

I just take on the "First" question:
You shall not use the "Content Place Holder" inside a Layout grid.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

Fantastic. Then how "Shall" I have the content where it needs to go?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I can't seem to get the place holder to locate into a LayoutGrid. (I'm using V16). How can I make this work?
A content place holder cannot be inside a layout grid. A demo project how to use master page with flexible layouts is available here:
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/master_frame.html

All pages of a website should be part of the same project. You cannot share a page from another projetc, but you can import the page or create a link to the page.
Right now I notice that if I place the pages in a folder it seems to want to have it's own working images folder or pdf folder.
Maybe this option will be useful? Tools -> Options -> HTML -> Use share folder for assets
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

The links to the demo's are no longer working. I'm still confused with what it's saying regarding the page layout. So, if I'm understanding this, I need to embed the content into the layoutgrid?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The links to the demo's are no longer working.
I have tried it myself and it seems to work correct. Did you also try another browser?
So, if I'm understanding this, I need to embed the content into the layoutgrid?
The content place holder is a floating element itself. It cannot be inside a layout grid.
The correct usage is demonstrated in the demo project.
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

Ok, so there is a discrepancy here. The demo you show has the content place holder taking up the entire center of the page. I want the visual that you discribe on the demo page where there is a navigation bar that remains on the left the entire time (The blue descending gradient) and the content lies to the right of it. (The white space) The image shown on the demo page is exactly what I want to do. Just need to know how it actually works. :)
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I want the visual that you discribe on the demo page where there is a navigation bar that remains on the left the entire time (The blue descending gradient) and the content lies to the right of it. (
I'm sorry, that is not possible with floating layout outs.