Specify width for layoutgrid

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Hbrownell

Specify width for layoutgrid

Post by Hbrownell »

I can set the width all day for the objects inside. It will hold the objects to that specific width. However, the borders go all the way to the edge of the browser. If I have a layoutgrid contained within another layoutgrid, it will obey the width set and display the borders where I want them. However, my layout needs multiple layoutgrids within itself and there I run into a problem. How can I specify the width on the top layoutgrid so the borders display at say 1000px wide? (And still be responsive)
crispy68

Re: Specify width for layoutgrid

Post by crispy68 »

A layout grid will always fill 100% of the space horizontally. So if you add a border to the grid, it will be the entire width of the screen. However, depending on how your columns are set up, you can add a border(s) to the inner columns themselves surrounding your content.
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

Right, I was just hoping there was a little more flexibility.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Keep in mind a layout grid is a container for other objects and is floating so it needs to fill the screen width wise. If you are nesting grids, then apply the border to the inner grid and then set a max-width on the outer grid. If this is not what you are after, then please give more details as It's not 100% clear to me what you are trying to accomplish in your original post. What 'flexibility' are you wanting exactly?
gofrank

Post by gofrank »

You can limit the width of a layout grid when rendered in the browser by entering the max width value as a negative number (e.g., "-1200").
Billing clients for your freelance work? Try Minute-2-Minute, the project management, timing, and billing system. Perfect for web developers who charge by the hour. FREE 45-day trial.
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

Due to the limit of grids you can nest, I was hoping to control the bottom one with a border. I didn't want to use columns because when it goes mobile it messes with the overall look and I'm wanting to minimize the need for extra bits for mobile if I can help it. One question does pop to mind though, is it possible to "reference" or "instance" text from one block to another? That would allow me to have a mobile setup but pull the text from another block or source and then I'd only have to change it in one place instead of multiple places.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

When your grid switches to mobile in the breakpoint, you can always change the borders for the mobile view to match your needs.

As for reusing the same objects in multiple instances, you may want to look at using Embedded pages
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/embedded_page.html