Page link dependent on previous page

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Hbrownell

Page link dependent on previous page

Post by Hbrownell »

Is it possible to control a link on a page to change depending on where the client connected from?

I have a site that has multiple sites that all reference the exact same information, just different landing pages and individual content pages. For more functionality and less repetition, I'd like the mutual links to reference the same pages. However, once they are there, is it possible to have a button that takes them back to the "previous" page which would get them back to where they started?

Visitor goes to;
IndexB, selects common technology page;
visitor clicks;
To go back to the index, (The page currently will go back to the top indexA, I'd like it to be smart enough to go back to indexB)

Is this possible?
crispy68

Re: Page link dependent on previous page

Post by crispy68 »

You could try adding something like this as the link:

Code: Select all

javascript:history.go(-1)
As long as they don't delete their history or cache in between, I think it should work.

Could also try:

onclick="history.go(-1); return false;"
or

onclick="window.history.go(-1); return false;"
Not at my computer to test these but based on what I could find one of them should work.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Isn't one of the options on a button "back"? i.e. return to where you came from. I've not got WWB open so I can't check.

Alan
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Just checked - use "Smart Link" and select "back" as the option. No html needed.
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

Yah, I did also find the "Back" option. I think what I'm going to be forced to do is not have the menu bar on the tech pages and just have a "back" button. Just no forward navigation ability. :(
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

You never asked for a 'forward' capability. You can get that from a menu bar or a button because you know where you want to take them.

I use the 'Back' capability of a button in some of my sites. It works well.

Alan
Hbrownell

Post by Hbrownell »

I think I was coming about my needs the wrong way. I took advantage of the content holders and embedded pages and succeeded with what I actually needed. I just have separate navigation that's at the "current level" and the corporate site is on the top level while the separate sites are hidden. I just needed to create some dummy pages where the master page controls the header and footer, and the page is controlled by having a separated nav that embedded into the dummy page along with the needed page that goes into a different embedded page. If that makes any sense.. :P