Free Chat on web site

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
luishmpaulo

Free Chat on web site

Post by luishmpaulo »

Hello people.

I used to use Zendesk chat on my website, script inserted between the head tags. Now I'm trying Talk.to. They prompt insertion of the script before the body tag, but it didn't work.

I saw here on the forum that some managed to insert the script as an HTML object, but it's not working the same way, and the HTML object messed up my layout.

I got in touch with the Talk.to help and after some analysis they told me to get in touch with the software vendor I use to build websites...

Any tips?
crispy68

Re: Free Chat on web site

Post by crispy68 »

Are you sure it's not supposed to be added before the end </body> tag?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I got in touch with the Talk.to help and after some analysis they told me to get in touch with the software vendor I use to build websites...
How is this related to the use of the software, in general there is no help with using third party scripts but with that said you can use the following HTML Object to insert you will need some knowledge of were it should be inserted correctly which the talk.to should be able to help with.
luishmpaulo

Post by luishmpaulo »

crispy68 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:21 pm Are you sure it's not supposed to be added before the end </body> tag?
On the Talk.to instructions page they say:
"paste the snippet into your website's HTML just before the </body> tag and you're ready to go"
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Correct. So open the html box, paste the code and choose this option in the drop down box to place the code before the end </body> tag. Keep in mind, some scripts require you to publish the site to a server for it to work. I'm not sure if it will work in preview or not.