CMS Login Issue

Issues related to the CMS tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/cms_tools.html
A lot of information about the Content Manager System can be found in the help/manual. Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the demo template that is include with the software.

CMS trouble shooting / FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43245
BethlehemOffice

CMS Login Issue

Post by BethlehemOffice »

Ok, I set up a login system and it worked just fine when I used automatic verification. I changed to email verification and now it doesn't work so well.
I was able to create an account but when I used the email link to verify the account the response I get is "User not found". It doesn't show up in the SQL table so I get why I am receiving that response but why isn't it creating the user in the first place? Is there another field I need to add to the data table to make the verification by email work?

Side question, is the verification email encrypted? It shows Username and password in clear text so I'm a little worried about security.
Pablo

Re: CMS Login Issue

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you have changed something else too?
Does it work when you change back to automatic verification?

Are there any errors in the server PHP log?

The email is sent by the mail server of your host.
BethlehemOffice

Post by BethlehemOffice »

I did add a field. I forgot about that. Works now. THANKS!!!!
Jorus

Post by Jorus »

I have the same problem with the 'User not found!' message after selecting the link from the email.

What 'field' did you forgot to add?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You may not get a answer soon from the original poster as Last active:Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:53 pm. It wasn't that they forgot to add field, it was that they had forgot they had 'added' a field.
Jorus

Post by Jorus »

Thanks to pablo, I now understand 'Bethlehemoffice' and your comment. Indeed me to I wasn't aware that I've had added an extra field in the Signup Form(!) which needed to be added in the MyAdmin (database) Now everything works, thank you.