footer that appears at the top of window

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
hjones43

footer that appears at the top of window

Post by hjones43 »

On my page I have a Layout Grid that has the Position "footer (floating)" but it appears at the top of my page. Sorry I can't you direct you to my site - it's local to my computer.
crispy68

Re: footer that appears at the top of window

Post by crispy68 »

Is the rest of your content on the page also floating? You don't want to mix fixed position with floating content.
hjones43

Post by hjones43 »

Thanks Crispy68. All the other layout grids are floating. The offending layout grid is a footer(floating). I have a header layout grid which was floating, which I changed to header (fixed). The result was the footer still jumped to the top, but was covered up by the header. Rats! Do the Semantic tag choices have any effect on this? Appreciate your help. Harry
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It is difficult to help you without seeing what you have done. The software has thousands of options and millions of possible combinations.
If you need help, then please include a demo project so we can see all your settings.

Note: do not share your complete project, only a simple project with one page and the elements which are relevant to your question.

Related FAQ:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

rz (user on the forum) has a paid extension called Footer Enhancer that works very well and has options for positioning the footer.
hjones43

Post by hjones43 »

Hello Pablo. Sorry it took me so long to get my problem code up on a server. The floating footer jumps to the top of the page, above the floating header. It's located at

http://next.straingage.com/

Thanks,
Harry Jones
hjones43

Post by hjones43 »

bkjohns - Thanks for the tip on the extension - I'll check it out.

Best,
Harry
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

I'm not 100% certain but I think you have some code that is incorrect or placed in the wrongs spot. I see code above the <html> tag in source. Have you added any code yourself? If so, delete this and see if it fixes the issue. If not, can you provide a copy of your project file (.wbs)?
hjones43

Post by hjones43 »

Pablo and Crispy68. The problem is fixed. Chrispy68 - thanks for the tip. The page html was like nothing I'd seen before. I started a new page, putting back in one element at a time, starting with the floating (the one with my header) LayoutGrid followed by the footer (floating) LayoutGrid. Tested those and they worked properly. Then I continued to add one new element at a time, compile and test until I dropped in the last HTML block of PHP coding. And sure enough it worked perfectly, including some elements that weren't centering on the page properly the first time around.

I think the take-away for me is after I finish experimenting, adding/removing various elements, take the elements I liked and start a clean page rebuild putting things together in a sensible order.

Many thanks and Happy Holidays.

Harry Jones
tlsel

Post by tlsel »

I'm going to try Harry's element-at-a-time approach! :P