Page width/Height user defined - Version 11.6 (issue)

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
TazMojo

Page width/Height user defined - Version 11.6 (issue)

Post by TazMojo »

Off topic: I'm was going to upgrade the software from 11.6 to version 16. However, when I tried to opened my 11.6 website folder in trial v16, It didn't load the image files. I'm back to using v11.6 with the following issue.

Primary Issue: ( Version 11.6. ) I have breakpoints on the Index default page - pc monitor. > (1) breakpoint - tablet size/768 > (2) breakpoint - smartphone size/320.

My Index page size is user defined at 1126/3014 in the properties menu. Page alignment set to: "Center horizontally" When I load the preview in browser the page scrolls past user defined settings, height & width. There are no known images outside of the user defined page size that would require the default page to scroll.

What would case the page to scroll past the user defined default page size ? Is there a fix ? I would like the default page not to scroll past the last image on the page.

Note: My breakpoint 320 smartphone page which is longer seems to be over riding the default page size setting and causing the default page to scroll past default user defined settings.
Pablo

Re: Page width/Height user defined - Version 11.6 (issue)

Post by Pablo »

Please note that version 11 is no longer supported.
The sizes in the page properties do not define the page size in the browser. These settings are for the workspace.
The actual size of the page in the browser is determined by the content.

If the images do not load in version 16 then maybe the folder is not accessible for version 16?
For example, it may be blocked by your firewall or Windows ransomware protection.
TazMojo

Post by TazMojo »

The web page in the browser shouldn't scroll past the last object at the bottom of the web page. Their is no content to scroll to or view. Perhaps someone knows why this is happening and how to prevent it. User error. I imagine the fix would be the same for either version 11.6 or v16.

The website was created in v11.6. The folder opens ok in this version. no reason to believe a firewall or other outside blocking issue. Its seems v11.6 folder is just not compatible with v16. No worries. I can easily rebuild and test the one page site in the v16.

Try before I upgrade.

Thnx for the reply.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Version 16 is compatible with 11. If there were any known issues, then these issues would have already been fixed.
Please make sure the images are accessible. You can verify this in the Asset Manager.

The size of the page is determined by the content. So, if the page is longer then expected there is probably an (hidden) object somewhere.
To be able to help you, I need to see what you have done.
TazMojo

Post by TazMojo »

I figured out the problem via trial & Error.

Right, it was a hidden object. Oddly, the hidden object effected the defined page size.

The fix: I had to move the hidden object within the defined page size. To find the hidden objects look more closely in the "Object Manager"

According to v16 software notice it is NOT compatible with v11.6. When I loaded the v11.6 website into v16 program it gave me an error message.

"If you make modification to this project, you will no longer be able to open it in an older version because the file structure is different"

This helps explains why the 11.6 website never loaded correctly in v16 program to begin with. No worries having used other web builder programs, I'd still recommend the v16 upgrade. I was using the branded "90 second website builder" v11.6

cheer's
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

"If you make modification to this project, you will no longer be able to open it in an older version because the file structure is different"
This error is not what you think it means. What it means is if you load your 11.6 version into version 16 and then save your project, you will not be able to open the saved project in version 11.6.

It's very simple. Just open the version 11.6 project in version 16 and save it with a different name. This way you keep your original 11.6 project file and you have the newer version.