Not WYSIWYG Anymore ?

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
WellsFargoWitzdotcom

Re: Not WYSIWYG Anymore ?

Post by WellsFargoWitzdotcom »

Solved. If anyone else reports similar, they can try Windows scaling setting. Mine was set at 125%. I set it to 100% , restarted computer... still did not work.

Here is the WIERD PART: Then I noticed my TEXT SIZE in Pablo had changed (yeah...all by itself ok?) from 10 to 8 point. So I ctrl-A each text box and changed font from 8 pt. back to 10. As soon as I changed it back to 10 point... works great.

In summary: it does not appear it had anything to do with the internal DPI settings as I ended up 'unchecking' the two DPI options in tools-options-user interface. It appears it was entirely due to my 'scaling' in Win-10 (how it got to 125% I will never know, it is a pre-owned device), not the one I have prior versions installed.
Last edited by WellsFargoWitzdotcom on Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Note that scaling settings in Windows is actually controls the DPI!
100% = 96 DPI
125% = 120 DPI
150% = 144 DPI
etc

So, 125% means that the text-size will be scaled 125%
The internal DPI setting adapts the scaling factor automatically.
WellsFargoWitzdotcom

Post by WellsFargoWitzdotcom »

THAT was the 'devious' part. If anyone using Win-10 reports WYSIWYG problem:

1. Check windows scaling. S/B 100%. Restart machine if you change it.

2. Re-open the project. Check/adjust the font size of any text you already entered

The problem has got to be incredibly rare but as a possible future refinement the software could detect/warn of non-100% windows scaling.