Text Allignment way off

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
crispy68

Re: Text Allignment way off

Post by crispy68 »

What text should I be focusing on? Currently, I don't seem to be having any issues with the text.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I also do not see any issues with text.

Are you sure your DPI configuration is correct?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=85917

The DPI settings controls how Windows will render text.
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

I have tried the options you suggested but still having issues with text and curser. For example, the first paragraph, "Harry K has been in...."
When I place my curser on any letter, the curser does not edit the immediate letter it is on, but will edit one letter behind.
Since the compatibility adjustment you suggested, it has brought the curser closer, before it was 3 letters behind, now only 1 but still not exactly where it should be.

It is interesting to note that this only happens when using the 'text tool' directly on the page.
The 'text area' and 'text art' etc (which are editited inside boxes), are totally uneffected and function exactly as they should....only on the actual page is the problem.
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

I have made a video for you to see whats going on. download it from here:
https://www.filemail.com/d/pggqrvlgtrlneln

I do hope this can be resolved.

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this problem with your project (or any other project).
However, it is important to understand that the text editor is standard Windows functionality.
Maybe it is related to the font you are using?

Do you have another computer you can try it on, so we can be sure this is not an issue of your computer?

Note that I am not referring to 'compatibility' or Direct2D. I am referring to the DPI configuration of your computer and/or the application's DPI.
Windows has several options to control how the text is scaled (which also affects the cursor). Did you try them all?

ha33y

Post by ha33y »

Pablo wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:04 am I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this problem with your project (or any other project).
However, it is important to understand that the text editor is standard Windows functionality.
Maybe it is related to the font you are using?

Do you have another computer you can try it on, so we can be sure this is not an issue of your computer?

Note that I am not referring to 'compatibility' or Direct2D. I am referring to the DPI configuration of your computer and/or the application's DPI.
Windows has several options to control how the text is scaled (which also affects the cursor). Did you try them all?

Yes, I have tried all your suggestions, including the 'override' to no effect. I don't have any other computer as I have only just upgarded my system and got rid of the old one. However this is the only program with this issue, and the issue is only on the main page using the text tool.Very wierd.
I will persever and see if I come up with anything, however i have just adjusted my screen size and i think it has made a difference, can't see why or how)..anyway, let's see how i get on.
Thank you Pablo (and others) for your kind help. No doubt i will require a lot more as i progress to working deeper with this very nice program, I just need to get my thick skull around it!

Thanks again