Text Allignment way off

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
ha33y

Text Allignment way off

Post by ha33y »

Hi folks,
I am completely new to Wysiwyg 16, only jumped on board yesterday. I am a Serif Webplus x8 die hard and loved the program. After Serif abandoned it a while back, I have been on the lookout for a similar program so I don't have too much of a learning curve as I am not very technical. Anyhow, I am re-designing my website and have got half way through but some things just aren't right. In particular, I want to add text and select the tex object, but the actual text is so much higher up than the box itself. It is impossible to work like this. I attach a photo showing my issue. Has anyone else come across this before, is there a fix?
Thanks in advance
Pablo

Re: Text Allignment way off

Post by Pablo »

I have not seen this behavior before.
However, most text related issues are caused by an incorrect DPI configuration:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=85917

If you need further assistance then please share a demo project (wbs) so I can see all your settings.
Related FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

Pablo wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:06 am I have not seen this behavior before.
However, most text related issues are caused by an incorrect DPI configuration:

If you need further assistance then please share a demo project (wbs) so I can see all your settings.
Related FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
Thank you for your reply Pablo, yes indeed , it seems to be the 2D rendering. I switched that off and the text has gone back inside the box where it belongs.
I have only just bought this very high power computer with a powerful GPU, not sure why it cannot handle this?
Is it something I can sort out?
Is it necessary, am I losing out by not having this fiunctioning?
Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It is difficult to say anything meaningful about this without seeing your project settings.

Direct2D rendering is related to your graphics card. It affects the performance of the rendering in the workspace.
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

Pablo wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:39 am It is difficult to say anything meaningful about this without seeing your project settings.

Direct2D rendering is related to your graphics card. It affects the performance of the rendering in the workspace.
Well I am using the NVIDEA GeForce RTX 2018 SUPER with 8GB Ram on it, so it can handle plenty, incluing 3D.
I can't find any reference to 2D though.
I guess i better do some research and see if it is something I need. The only thing i can find goes back to 2018 and discusses on Winows 7 and 8

Would you like me to take photos of my project settings, or is there something else i can send you to see, although the text has now settled down. Perhaps you may see something else which may give me problems down the line?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you need further assistance then please share a demo project:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Just to add that I also came from WebPlus X8 and there is a fairly steep initial learning curve - especially with text and tables. D2D is also affected by the font used. I've found it is just easier to switch it off.
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

Pablo wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:00 pm If you need further assistance then please share a demo project:
Thank you Pablo, so far, so good. If I run into any more issues, I will send you my project.
It's gonna take me a while to get used to your program but it's something I have to do.
Thanks for your speedy replies and advise, I am grateful.
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

alan_sh wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:58 pm Just to add that I also came from WebPlus X8 and there is a fairly steep initial learning curve - especially with text and tables. D2D is also affected by the font used. I've found it is just easier to switch it off.
Thank you for your reply Brother Webplus user! :D

yes I can see there are many things which are totally foreign to me when comparing the 2 programs, but as far as i can tell, this is the closest to Webpus that I have seen.

If you have any tips or advise to help me in my quest to learn WYSIWYG and make my transition smoother, I would welcome it with open arms.
There aren't so many videos out there that I can find, so any help is trully apreciated.

Thanks in advance.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

See the following url
Online tutoriald
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
Search YouTube for the following members of the forum for videos.
Hernán Pena
Dawson Ishmael
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Welcome ha33y. I think once you start diving deep into WB, you will find it to be much better and more powerful than your previous program. Stick with it and it will get easier.

Here are some links to some users here on the forum who have created some videos. Some may be in other languages (other than english) but I believe if you watch them you can follow along regardless:

Dapson Ishmeal
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z7n0 ... 0jVfIgoRkA

Web Builder FX - Hernan Pena
https://www.youtube.com/hernanfpena

Web Builder Templates - me
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3SWet ... xd0Qm-uBYA

some older videos that still could help:

Brian Holder
https://www.youtube.com/user/brianjholder/videos

Greg Hughes - former affiliate of WYSIWYG
https://www.youtube.com/user/90SecondWebsiteBuild

Plus make sure to search this forum. I'm sure any question you have has probably been answered before.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

ha33y wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:12 pm
alan_sh wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:58 pm Just to add that I also came from WebPlus X8 and there is a fairly steep initial learning curve - especially with text and tables. D2D is also affected by the font used. I've found it is just easier to switch it off.

yes I can see there are many things which are totally foreign to me when comparing the 2 programs, but as far as i can tell, this is the closest to Webpus that I have seen.

If you have any tips or advise to help me in my quest to learn WYSIWYG and make my transition smoother, I would welcome it with open arms.
There aren't so many videos out there that I can find, so any help is trully apreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I wrote a template which 'emulates' what I created in WP8 (and does a lot more as well). You can find it here viewtopic.php?f=41&t=88171

It has most of the things you probably need to start with. Give it a whirl.

Alan
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

alan_sh wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:03 pm
ha33y wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:12 pm

Thanks in advance.
I wrote a template which 'emulates' what I created in WP8 (and does a lot more as well). You can find it here viewtopic.php?f=41&t=88171

It has most of the things you probably need to start with. Give it a whirl.

Alan
Thank you Alan, much appreciated, although this is a little ellborate for me, I only use a one page scrill website.

I am still having problems with the text object even after disabling the D2D and DPI functions.

Even though the text now appears in the text box so I can type, it is still off. The curser is a few letters of where it should be, so it's guess work trying to know what I am editing. I don't understand why.

I need to find out how to upload to my site or somewhere to upload my file here for you guys to tell me how much of an idiot I am. :roll:
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I need to find out how to upload to my site or somewhere to upload my file here for you guys to tell me how much of an idiot I am.
Uploading to the forum itself is not possible for security reasons. But with that said it is really quite simple XX. Take a copy of your project namely the .wbs file upload to your own site / host and provide a url to it here. Alternatively upload to one of the many public file sharing sites such as Mediafire and like before provide the generated url .

Before sharing see the following url below. You can also use your Dropbox if you have one and provide the download link making sure it is accessible ie no having to login (apart from yourself) to be able to retrieve.
How to optimize text for different browsers?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34318
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

BaconFries wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:06 pm
I need to find out how to upload to my site or somewhere to upload my file here for you guys to tell me how much of an idiot I am.
Uploading to the forum itself is not possible for security reasons. But with that said it is really quite simple XX. Take a copy of your project namely the .wbs file upload to your own site / host and provide a url to it here. Alternatively upload to one of the many public file sharing sites such as Mediafire and like before provide the generated url .

Before sharing see the following url below. You can also use your Dropbox if you have one and provide the download link making sure it is accessible ie no having to login (apart from yourself) to be able to retrieve.
How to optimize text for different browsers?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34318
OK I think I have managed to create this for sharing. I have made a copy of the file as well as the images folder so you can see the complete site (it's only a single page site)
My issue is this.
In the text area for some reason, the curser is always 3 spaces ahead of the actual letter I want to edit or type. Very weird.
Hopefully this will be recreated for you and you can find me a fix.I have tried turning on/off the DPI and D2D support. It is better, as before, the text was totally outside the box. Now it is inside but the curer is still off.

Here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dtl5l0us9npg ... 2FZca?dl=0

Thanks
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

What text should I be focusing on? Currently, I don't seem to be having any issues with the text.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I also do not see any issues with text.

Are you sure your DPI configuration is correct?

The DPI settings controls how Windows will render text.
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

I have tried the options you suggested but still having issues with text and curser. For example, the first paragraph, "Harry K has been in...."
When I place my curser on any letter, the curser does not edit the immediate letter it is on, but will edit one letter behind.
Since the compatibility adjustment you suggested, it has brought the curser closer, before it was 3 letters behind, now only 1 but still not exactly where it should be.

It is interesting to note that this only happens when using the 'text tool' directly on the page.
The 'text area' and 'text art' etc (which are editited inside boxes), are totally uneffected and function exactly as they should....only on the actual page is the problem.
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

I have made a video for you to see whats going on. download it from here:
https://www.filemail.com/d/pggqrvlgtrlneln

I do hope this can be resolved.

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this problem with your project (or any other project).
However, it is important to understand that the text editor is standard Windows functionality.
Maybe it is related to the font you are using?

Do you have another computer you can try it on, so we can be sure this is not an issue of your computer?

Note that I am not referring to 'compatibility' or Direct2D. I am referring to the DPI configuration of your computer and/or the application's DPI.
Windows has several options to control how the text is scaled (which also affects the cursor). Did you try them all?

ha33y

Post by ha33y »

Pablo wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:04 am I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this problem with your project (or any other project).
However, it is important to understand that the text editor is standard Windows functionality.
Maybe it is related to the font you are using?

Do you have another computer you can try it on, so we can be sure this is not an issue of your computer?

Note that I am not referring to 'compatibility' or Direct2D. I am referring to the DPI configuration of your computer and/or the application's DPI.
Windows has several options to control how the text is scaled (which also affects the cursor). Did you try them all?

Yes, I have tried all your suggestions, including the 'override' to no effect. I don't have any other computer as I have only just upgarded my system and got rid of the old one. However this is the only program with this issue, and the issue is only on the main page using the text tool.Very wierd.
I will persever and see if I come up with anything, however i have just adjusted my screen size and i think it has made a difference, can't see why or how)..anyway, let's see how i get on.
Thank you Pablo (and others) for your kind help. No doubt i will require a lot more as i progress to working deeper with this very nice program, I just need to get my thick skull around it!

Thanks again