Gallery Issues

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
ha33y

Gallery Issues

Post by ha33y »

I still havent sortred out my text issues and now I am facing gallery issues.
I am adding a bunch of photos (around 50) which are centred and appear lovely within the program, when uploaded to my server and viewed in Chrome, they are everywhere except where they should be.
Here is a photo example.

Anyone faced this problem before?

Thanks in advance
crispy68

Re: Gallery Issues

Post by crispy68 »

If you are getting 404 errors then it usually means you have not uploaded all the files to your server. There is no difference between previewing your site and publishing it.
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

crispy68 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:08 am If you are getting 404 errors then it usually means you have not uploaded all the files to your server. There is no difference between previewing your site and publishing it.
hmmm, well the options are, publish all files and publish entire website, which i choose both. How can it be that I don't upload all files?
Please help...
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Do you have a link to the page you uploaded?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

The screenshots don't really fully help but as already a 404 indicates missing files on the server. Can you either provide a url to the page in question with the Gallery on it. This will allow us to view the source code and check the paths to the files are valid and on the server.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/publish.html
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

Hi folks, yes here is the link to my very very poor attempt.

I can't get the text to syncronize in the text box in the program, and everything is all over the place as you can see.
I am still trying to figure out how to upload my file site for Pablo and others to view and rip me apart!

I am such a bozo....... :cry:
Maby it's time to throw in the towel ...

I can't get my head around why it looks so good in the program preview and then so utterly devetatingly bad and things missing, in Chrome online.

please help good people...and thanks in advance

www.harrykonline.com

this is how it looks in the program preview

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

First note that I cannot see what you have done based on the published page.
If you need help then please share "demo project" so I can see all your settings.
Related FAQ :
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
(please read before sharing your project)

The layout looks ok as far as I can tell. I do not see "everything is all over the place".
Can you please be more specific?
What is it suppose to look like?
Where exactly do I need to look?
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

You have many image filenames starting with a number which is invalid.
This could cause problems.
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/vie ... 10&t=64868
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

Pablo wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:17 am First note that I cannot see what you have done based on the published page.
If you need help then please share "demo project" so I can see all your settings.
Related FAQ :
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
(please read before sharing your project)

The layout looks ok as far as I can tell. I do not see "everything is all over the place".
Can you please be more specific?
What is it suppose to look like?
Where exactly do I need to look?
Hi Pablo, please excuse my very dumb questions as I am very inexperienced. When I save the project it creates the file and also a separate folder which contains my photos etc. If I simply upload the file it will not contain any photos or bits and pieces which could be causing the problem. In this case how could I share everything with you? Is that a stupid question? Sorry, please forgive my inexperience and have patience with me. I do hope I will get better with time......

It is only a one page site.

UPDATE....
I have just logged into my site with my phone and it looks much better... I don't understand... This morning when I finished uploading, things were missing, the gallery was showing only one row of photographs instead of 3, the first picture in the header wasn't showing up.and a ton of other things that just weren't there. Am I losing my mind what's going on,???
Anyhow Pablo I will still like you to have a look at my program settings and see why the text is still not performing within the program as it should. Also if you could check as to what other issues could have caused my current fiasco would be greatly appreciated.
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

I have just noticed something which is very strange, when I enter my website via the link I posted in this forum using the www my site looks much closer to what I intended. If I enter using the Google web link which I suppose would be the http , the site is missing stuff. Again I don't understand what's going on. Can anybody shed any clarity on this?
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

I'm not seeing any difference. did you clear your cache by doing a hard refresh (control F5)?
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

Ok, apparently there were a few issues with re-direct on my server which hopefully have been ironed out now.

So, it is looking better and more towards what I want.
It would be great to tackle the text allignment issue, I will try to upload the file somewhere and post it here.
Thank you so far everyone.
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

I have one important question...
it is taking forever to load my site due to the photos.
Is there a way we can tell wysiwyg NOT to enlarge my photos as they are so big in paralax that it is ridiclulous to load up...and I am on Virgin fast fibre optic!

I have shrunk all my photos down to the smallest size possible but the program over inflates them. If we could stop that, I could have them exactly at the size I want which would speed up the loading time.
Any help there would be appreciated

Thanks
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

the program over inflates them
The program does not enlarge your pictures. Your original image is used.
I have shrunk all my photos down to the smallest size possible
No you haven't. For example, the image you are using for "Jingles-Slogans" is 1920 x 1280. This is way too large to be using it for a card. You need to shrink down all images to the largest size you need them before inserting them into WB. Since your card image is roughly around 350px wide at the most, you need to shrink this image down to around 350px first and then select it as the image. You need to do this for every image.

Then, you need to optimize(compress) all your images. Compressing them will make the file size smaller and thus load faster. A free site to compress them is: www.tinyjpg.com
ha33y

Post by ha33y »

crispy68 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:00 pm
the program over inflates them
The program does not enlarge your pictures. Your original image is used.
I have shrunk all my photos down to the smallest size possible
No you haven't. For example, the image you are using for "Jingles-Slogans" is 1920 x 1280. This is way too large to be using it for a card. You need to shrink down all images to the largest size you need them before inserting them into WB. Since your card image is roughly around 350px wide at the most, you need to shrink this image down to around 350px first and then select it as the image. You need to do this for every image.

Then, you need to optimize(compress) all your images. Compressing them will make the file size smaller and thus load faster. A free site to compress them is: www.tinyjpg.com
Brilliant thanks, that one escaped me. I will shrink that down now as well as any other I see.
How about the mian 2 monster images at the top, I have shrunk them down to the smallest kb possible without losing too much detail, although they are large, but the program has made much larger....what is the max they should be?
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

but the program has made much larger.
The program does not make your images larger. If you are using an image to cover the entire background, then I would say 1920x1020 should be good. Just make sure to compress it as much as possible. The link I gave you should do a good job of it.