Text box jumps when trying to select content

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
oldwebman

Text box jumps when trying to select content

Post by oldwebman »

Before I upgraded to V15.2.3 I could reformat the contents of a text box by selecting a word and then using Ctrl 'a', select the entire content. To select the word I used to double-click on it to highlight it.
Now I have having some problems. when I double-click on a word it this causes the text box to jump to a different position on the page, often on top of another object. I then have to select the box itself so I can move it back, but then the cursor doesn't change to the move symbol until I click the box again. I then return the box to the original position and try to select a word again - often resulting in another jump out of position.
This is driving me mad! Please advise.
I have purchased many versions of the program over the years but don't want to keep doing this as I don't need any extra features - I just want it to be as easy as it used to be!
crispy68

Re: Text box jumps when trying to select content

Post by crispy68 »

I don't believe anyone else has reported this. There is no way from your description to know what the issue is or how to fix it. Can you provide a demo project so that we can test it?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This may be related to your the DPI configuration:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=85917

But it is difficult to tell without more details.
If you need further assistance then please share a demo project so I can see all your settings.

See this FAQ for further details:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
oldwebman

Post by oldwebman »

I now find that exiting the program and reloading it can cure the problem but not always. As you have not indicated that my method of editing is incorrect and I am now using a new computer with Windows 10, I will experiment with the computer settings and the program settings to see if I can identify when the problem occurs as it appears to be a local issue.
Many thanks.
onlye

Post by onlye »

I have experienced something similar. When I double click on the text in a text object to edit it the text object sometimes "jumps" and on occasion to another location in the page. I assumed it was how I might be moving the mouse with I clicked.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you need help with this then please share a DEMO project and describe the exact steps to reproduce this behavior.
However, first be sure that this is not related to the DPI configuration.