Embed video from own server (poster code)

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
mako66

Embed video from own server (poster code)

Post by mako66 »

Hello. On my webpage added html code for video, who is on my own server, beacuse it's too big to go to the server where the website is hosted. Everything is OK, but in the preview, the video is black. I would like to add a feature Poster (a preview thumbnail image for video).
For now, my code for embed video is that:

<iframe width="560" height="315"
src="http://my IP address/server/virtualni-zur-originalnih-makovcev-10-04-2021.mp4"
title=""
frameborder="0"
allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture"
allowfullscreen></iframe>

(This code copied from YT, but pefectly worked).
Pablo

Re: Embed video from own server (poster code)

Post by Pablo »

Why don't you use the HTML5 video object instead?
mako66

Post by mako66 »

I tried, but due to the large video file (30 GB) it took me a very long time to load the preview (a few minutes). I typed in the link:
C:\xampp\htdocs\server\video.mp4 (The server is currently on the same computer as the WYSIWYG)
instead
http://Server IP/server/video.mp4

Now, however, the preview opens immediately. Thanks.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can also use an absolute path, so you can upload the video to the server and use the path in the HTML video object.