strange item cannot find it

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Marine Divers

strange item cannot find it

Post by Marine Divers »

ok here we go

my page https://www.divingincyprus.net/Zenobia- ... yprus.html

there is a link on my yellow menu navigation in white writing. i cannot find it on the page editor as an item, and ive no idea how it got there.

can anybody see it and suggestion of how to get rid.

Jonny
BaconFries

Re: strange item cannot find it

Post by BaconFries »

Without sounding rude links do not add themselves. On viewing the source of the page it looks like it is related to two iframes with code to Facebook added using the HTML Object (HTML 4) You can see it here in the screenshot if you didn't add then does anyone else have access to your project that may have added this?

2nd Screenshot
Marine Divers

Post by Marine Divers »

not rude in any way, im glad of your help.

i added the like button html code, and can see it has loads of extra bits including this link. not sure how much of the code i can remove to still have it working withot all the crap added in
Marine Divers

Post by Marine Divers »

damn i dont think is the like button code,

just dont know how i got that there, and how i can get rid of it
Marine Divers

Post by Marine Divers »

ok , i found the error of my ways.

i had 2 like buttons on the page and one of them was flashing up the code in that spot,

hey great support as always from this forum, we rock.

dont worry i good at stuffing stuff up so will be back soon with something else i did wrong, lol
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Did you use the FB developer page to make the like button or use a third party page / site? If you have used a third party then this will explain the extra links inserted. Can I ask why you didn't just use the like button already available in the program? it can be found in miscellaneous-->Ready -to-use-javascripts
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Glad you have resolved and your welcome that's what the forum is for
Marine Divers

Post by Marine Divers »

ah, the thing i learned today, there is a like button i can use, need to open my eyes more and look at my tools. only been using this for about 9 years now. :D :D :D