*** SOLVED *** ... Even STRANGER Behavior?

Smee

*** SOLVED *** ... Even STRANGER Behavior?

Post by Smee »

So, only one page in this site has been "completed" (as in all breakpoints set, all content arranged, and site published to a temporary directory on my server) and I was hoping to show it to my customer of 13+ years.

Before accessing the site, remember NOT to refresh it after it mis-loads ... this thing is crazy. Look at it and examine it BEFORE you refresh, because everything will go where and how it is supposed to be after a refresh (except in chrome). I don't like what I'm seeing. NEVER (in almost 20 years) have I seen anything this crazy. It isn't my computer (home, work, friends all the same), my browser (all browsers do the same thing), or a trick.

What it is, well, it's a fail.

The site is at http://qlite.ahgweb.com ... or if you are a stickler for bypassing those type pointers, http://www.ahgweb.com/qlite

Once you examine the site, click on refresh, and it will appear correctly. Clear your browser cache and go back, it's back to crazy mode.

What is going on with this? Images that were made just for this site, show up as wide as the browser window sometimes. Items that were in layers, are not. The slider at the top of the page has text and images appearing that were disabled until after the customer views the site because he will likely want text ... along with other images.

I'll post the wb file to my server at http://www.ahgweb.com/demoqlite/qlite_2018.wbs

Any suggestions will be appreciated. It has to be something that I'm not understanding ... have friends who convinced me to purchase this software after seeing their results.
Pablo

Re: ... Even STRANGER Behavior?

Post by Pablo »

I have tested the page in several browsers and on different computers, but I do not see the issue.
Did you already solve it?

I did notice that you have added custom code, which is usually the cause of 'strange behavior'.

If you did not solve it, then can you please let me know which browser you are using?
Also can you remove all custom code (HTML objects), to see if that fixes the issue?
Smee

Re: ... Even STRANGER Behavior?

Post by Smee »

Not sure how it happened, but kept working with it until I found an image that was missing and found a couple errors in my work (items inside layers that were not visible during editing, but were causing a problem. Moved the image into the visible area of the layer and then turned off visibility and all went to working properly.

After I found the problem, I uploaded the site again, no more problems. Sorry that I failed to post that I had solved the problem, and the problem was caused by user error.

Thanks.
Pablo

Re: *** SOLVED *** ... Even STRANGER Behavior?

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for clearing that up.