More flexgrid headaches ... I'm missing something!

Smee

More flexgrid headaches ... I'm missing something!

Post by Smee »

Alignment . . . order. I'm not a very ordered person by nature, but there's something I'm definitely having a problem with here.

The flex grid doesn't play well with layers. Removed ALL layers, started with an extremely small part of a project.

I need to have only 3 cells (sorry, I'm old and the flex grid reminds me somewhat of Lotus 1-2-3 from the 1990s) that I need to display. I need them to align evenly top to bottom. What I see in the WWB screen should be very close to what I get in a modern browser.

I've added margins so that all portions are identical in size. The bits of text are inside of shapes (rectangles) so that there is no chance of a variance in size between cells, or so I thought. The three main images have margins to make their dimensions exactly the same. (this is the 768 breakpoint ... but at least it still attempts to center itself (I tried turning off centering in the page, things inside of the cells get left aligned), unlike the 480 and 320 breakpoints.

So, here's what I see in WWB.

and here is what I get in Firefox

and here is what I get in Edge

This link is to a zip file with both the wbs file and the images:

http://www.ahgweb.com/wwb_14/more_flexgrid_problems.zip (about 7 megs)

The problem is on the page called "attempt_1".
Pablo

Re: More flexgrid headaches ... I'm missing something!

Post by Pablo »

I think the problem is related to the names of the flex grid areas.
Flex grid names may not start with a number.

Note that this applies to all HTML related names:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=64868
Smee

Post by Smee »

Thanks, that fixed the problem with the flexgrid.

Fixing the flex grid, broke several of my pages. How?

Now my master page refuses to break at the breakpoints . . . but only on some pages, not all. Some pages, breakpoints work. All pages have the same breakpoints as the master page does. I use the same master page for all.

I have removed all layers from the entire site, using margins instead. I have gone to the master page file (simply the site header section, the menu, and a logo) and renamed all items with distinctive names (header_originalfilename.ext). That does not help.

Rather than using the breakpoints, the items just reorder in the header. Nothing resizes either in those pages. There are 5 images in the header, but they all remain the same size in default, 768,480, and 320 breakpoints.

Any thoughts as to why this would happen? Same behavior across browsers. Tried uploading the site to a temp folder on my server. One of the pages started working correctly, but the rest of the offending pages continue to refuse to acknowledge the breakpoints. In fact, one page refuses to acknowledge the breakpoints for content as well as the header.

I've messed up something, and can't imagine where.
Smee

Post by Smee »

UPDATED: All is working now.

What did I do? Shut down the computer and came back later. After uploading site, all is working.

The program crashed several times today, had to shut it down with task manager at least twice this afternoon after it became unresponsive. Could that be causing this problem?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe your computer ran out of memory because the project is too big?
For example, because you have used large images?
The maximum size of a project + assets is 2GB in the 32bit version.
Smee

Post by Smee »

LOL! 2 GB? That doesn't sound like me . . .

Not a major player.

Even after a reboot of the computer, I still had to shut the program down once because it locked up and ceased responding. It had not done this until the latest update (5/19/2018) I installed.

BTW, my computer has 8 GB ram and the total of the folder containing 3 web projects is only 175 megs. None of my projects has ever been close to being that big.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Note that even though your computer may have 8GB, the application can only use 2GB of that.
also note that images are bigger when they are loaded into memory, because they have to be decompressed to processed all the pixels.

Anyway, it can also be related something else.
To be able to help you with this problem I need to know exactly what you have done.
I am not aware of any issues in the latest update, otherwise I would have already fixed them.