Publish / Explore Date Time Stamp Discrepency

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
code2

Publish / Explore Date Time Stamp Discrepency

Post by code2 »

I have only just notice that files published to my host webserver are showing dates and times in advance of when they were published.

Sometimes is is six hours or so or 21 hours into the next day's date. I have never noticed it before. But when checking in cPanel and in FileZilla the correct date and time stamps are shown.

The included image was taken on the 28 April 2020 12:13pm but when checked in WWB Publish / Explore it is showing 28 April 2020 9:50pm.

Other files uploaded at 11:00am on 28 April are showing date-time staamps of 29 April at 7:24am with some others published at the same time showing 7:11am.

All quite strange to look at. See image.

crispy68

Re: Publish / Explore Date Time Stamp Discrepency

Post by crispy68 »

Where is your server located? Is it possible your host is in a different time zone? This would be something to ask your host.
code2

Post by code2 »

Thanks, I will ask and get back to you.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

WWB will not change the time stamp of files. This server uses the local time to set the timestamp.
code2

Post by code2 »

OK.

So, if I understand correctly.

Depending on where the hosting server is located, WWB uses the server's date-time stamp.

This indicates that both FileZilla and cPanel adjust the Server's Date-Time stamp relative to the location of the device being used to view the files (in my case a Desktop in Sydney Australia).

??
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

WWB does not apply any logic to the timestamp. It will display it "AS IS", as reported by the server.
code2

Post by code2 »

Thank you
code2

Post by code2 »

My hosting company has responded to my question. They said

“Our shared hosting servers are based in Sydney and configured to use Australian Eastern Standard Time by default”.

Which means if there are no filters applied, WWB date time stamp representation should be displaying the same as the hosting servers. Their date time stamp also happens to be my desktop’s time (my local time).

So, it is quite strange to have such discrepancies when exploring in Web Builder.

I wonder if anybody else has notice the same or similar ?