Add a footer to a non-flex website

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
syd

Add a footer to a non-flex website

Post by syd »

Hi,

i've recently created a simple website which contains no flexbox or layout grids - just simple drag and drop objects like layers an an iFrame where the content is displayed. Now i run into problems because i want to add a footer to the page that always appears under the i Frame as the last object. The footer should only be visible when i scroll down, so all the options in the "footer" object (floating, fixed...) provided in the toolbox won't work. Is there a possibility to add a footer with the meintioned funcionality to such a page or do i have to switch to a flexbox-design an redesign?

Regards, syd.
Pablo

Re: Add a footer to a non-flex website

Post by Pablo »

A page footer is either absolute, fixed or floating.
Which option are you missing?
syd

Post by syd »

When i use "floating" the footer stays always visible at the top of the page. In "fixed" it stays always visible at the bottom. The same in "fullscreen". In "default" it stays somewehere right in the page above content.

I'm looking for a option to achieve a footer that is the last object under the content (a resizing iFrame in my case) an is only visible when i scroll all the way down. The content of the iFrame is changing its height (with the iFrame-Resizer-Extension), so anything that is fixed to a certain position is not useful to me.
zinc

Post by zinc »

syd wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:20 pm When i use "floating" the footer stays always visible at the top of the page. In "fixed" it stays always visible at the bottom. The same in "fullscreen". In "default" it stays somewehere right in the page above content.

I'm looking for a option to achieve a footer that is the last object under the content (a resizing iFrame in my case) an is only visible when i scroll all the way down. The content of the iFrame is changing its height (with the iFrame-Resizer-Extension), so anything that is fixed to a certain position is not useful to me.
You cannot have normal layers and floating that would act as a footer. You need to make all of those layers you dragged on to the page as floating for the footer to be the last object or make the footer as a normal and non-floating.

Without seeing what you have done, it is hard to imagine what you have done/want to achieve...
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
syd

Post by syd »

Alright thx. Maybe Screenshots?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

When i use "floating" the footer stays always visible at the top of the page.
Correct, because if there is no other floating content then it will be the first item on the page.
In "fixed" it stays always visible at the bottom.
Correct
In "default" it stays somewehere right in the page above content.
When default is selected, the footer will be placed at the end of the specified page height. So, you can control the position of the footer by changing the page height.
I'm looking for a option to achieve a footer that is the last object under the content (a resizing iFrame in my case) an is only visible when i scroll all the way down.
This is only possible with a script.
This may be helpful: https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/cms_expand.html
syd

Post by syd »

Thank you guys for your help. I finally decided to redesign my website with the mentioned floating layers in combination with a flex-container for the iframe. The footer now behaves like i wanted it in floating mode. Thx again.
zinc

Post by zinc »

syd wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:17 pm Thank you guys for your help. I finally decided to redesign my website with the mentioned floating layers in combination with a flex-container for the iframe. The footer now behaves like i wanted it in floating mode. Thx again.
Glad you got it sorted! Floating layers rock! :lol:
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...