Cannot install version 16/16.1 on Win10

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
NoelF1

Cannot install version 16/16.1 on Win10

Post by NoelF1 »

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this error? I'm trying to install web builder version 16/16.1 (I tried both) yet the below error is preventing me from installing on latest Win 10.

Has this happened to anyone else?

zinc

Re: Cannot install version 16/16.1 on Win10

Post by zinc »

You should install it with Admin rights. The message clearly shows you don't have rights to write to that folder under whichever user you are installing....
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This error indicates that something is blocking access to the folder.
For example:
- a firewall or virus scanner
- Windows randomsware protection
- Windows Security / permissions.
NoelF1

Post by NoelF1 »

It even gave me the same error with admin rights, antivirus software turned off and even windows defender off.

This only happens when installing the WB16 installer. However I can install other software.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you also check Windows randomsware protection?
If you previously installed an older version then Windows randomsware protection may think this is another application that is trying to access the folder.

What you can try is rename the folder before running the setup, so it will be re-created with the correct permissions.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

It is weird because most of us install wwb with windows defender turned on without any problem. but this kind of problem may occur because of improper uninstall of the product. So it needs a good uninstallation and then a clean installation along with administrator rights.
NoelF1

Post by NoelF1 »

Pablo wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:00 pm Did you also check Windows randomsware protection?
If you previously installed an older version then Windows randomsware protection may think this is another application that is trying to access the folder.

What you can try is rename the folder before running the setup, so it will be re-created with the correct permissions.
I tried. However it still won't install.
Before I had version 14... I uninstalled that. Cleaned registry with CCleaner. Did a restart. Version 16 won't install due to that error.
Now I installed version 15... that one works fine.

The problem is something with the version 16 executable. it fails when installing the CMS part.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I doubt that this has anything to do the software itself.
The setup (which copies the files) has not been changed since version 14.
Also, no one else has reported any issues with this. WB16 has been available for a few months now.

The error indicates an issue with permissions. It looks like the file already exists with different permission, so that is why it cannot be overwritten.

Did you rename the 'Document\WYSIWYG Web Builder' folder before running the setup?
After the setup is complete you can copy back your files to the newly created folder.
NoelF1

Post by NoelF1 »

Pablo wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:49 am I doubt that this has anything to do the software itself.
The setup (which copies the files) has not been changed since version 14.
Also, no one else has reported any issues with this. WB16 has been available for a few months now.

The error indicates an issue with permissions. It looks like the file already exists with different permission, so that is why it cannot be overwritten.

Did you rename the 'Document\WYSIWYG Web Builder' folder before running the setup?
After the setup is complete you can copy back your files to the newly created folder.
I even tried deleting the folder.

Now when I open the installer its showing this error too before even launching it.

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you unzip the files before running the setup?
Maybe your temporary Windows folder is full?

Note that the setup is just a script which copies the files to the specified folder, this has not changed for years, so I do not think this is related to the update.
Otherwise many other users would have the same problem.
lummis

Post by lummis »

A Google search of the error indicates that this is a virus scanner problem. This was something that Pablo suggested earlier so are you sure that you have no virus protection that is intercepting the loading of the files?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

A question that hasn't been asked what is the AV software you are running?. As lummis's reply the error message indicates that it is getting blocked by this in someway. It would help somewhat to say what AV you are running even if it is outwith the support of the forum on how to use individual AV software used.
NoelF1

Post by NoelF1 »

BaconFries wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:59 pm A question that hasn't been asked what is the AV software you are running?. As lummis's reply the error message indicates that it is getting blocked by this in someway. It would help somewhat to say what AV you are running even if it is outwith the support of the forum on how to use individual AV software used.
I use Avast AV.

The silly thing is that version 15 installs correctly.

I tried emptying the temp folder, I turned the AV and Windows Defender off. Nothing works. Same issues with installation keep repeating.
lummis

Post by lummis »

My original Google search indicated a problem with Avast causing the error code 299 - see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/351 ... inno-setup and look at the answer at the foot of the query. It appears that others have had this problem with Avast as well.

EDIT Also look at the Avast Forum where they appear to acknowledge a problem https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=229182.0
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

I used to use Avest but after using antiviruses for 7 years I got the solution and that is don't use them at all. The security which windows defender and its Microsoft edge browser provides are more than enough. Registry editors and optimizers and cleaners also causes problems so I always keep a log file of the installation and its registry so when uninstalling everything uninstalls and installs clean. Those branded antiviruses are marketing strategies for antivirus marketing they make the virus and they make the defender also. Easy game.

The install and uninstallation issue is in such a level that adobe has its own uninstaller to uninstall its software's. Because it causes problems. So you need a good tool if you uninstall and install the same or more softwares often.

I have my own WYSIWYG WEB BUILDER portable latest version which I made with cameyo. if you really want a quick solution for temporary purposes you can ask me the download link if you want.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I have my own WYSIWYG WEB BUILDER portable latest version which I made with cameyo. if you really want a quick solution for temporary purposes you can ask me the download link if you want.
Please note that you are not allowed to distribute a modified version of the software. This violates the copyrights.

The reported issue is a problem in Avast :
https://forum.avast.com/inex.php?topic=229182.0
So, only Avast can solve this. If you are a customer of their software then please contact them so they can prioritize their support.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

No means of copyright pablo 8) :D You are our best solution.