Hidden images

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
janez72

Hidden images

Post by janez72 »

Hidden images still load in mobile mode. And it takes valuable time to load a page, threrefore it's bad for SEO.
There are some solutions, such as putting images as background images.
Or using picture tag instead of image.

I've never used picture tag before - I did put in adaptive images.
However, when checking in Google pagespeed, only the main image gets loaded, no matter the screen px.
So in mobile mode I have the main image.

Normally, scrset shout have min-width: tag on each image.
The produced html in WB only lists images, with no tags.
Which solution would be the best and quickest?
Pablo

Re: Hidden images

Post by Pablo »

janez72

Post by janez72 »

Yes, I saw this possible solution.
I just thought there would be a way to put custom code with max. or min. width.

But now - the original is 1920x250. So, if I want 480x62 image to be displayed, it would be something like @0.4x.png
Or can I put the 480 version as default and icrease other images (easier)?

The images are not exact multipliers, that's what I thought about the max. or min. width tags.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can use different images in breakpoints.
The adaptive images are for different resolutions only.
janez72

Post by janez72 »

That's the problem - I do use different images in different breakpoints.
All the time. But since Google started seriously with Core Web Vitalis, I had to do more serious researches about the gap between desktop and mobile pagespeed results.

That was the main reason - browsers still read hidden images. And it takes time and is very bad for SEO.
Whole concept of hidding images or even other data is wrong. It serves only design purposes.
And if your mobile version loads 1920 image, than you are in zone red. And rankings are at bottom.
Google is aiming toward "users experience", valuing LCP at most (connected then with total load-tme and time to interact).

Lazy load is the solution, but again, as native, not with js (as it takes time to load).
SEO is bocoming very competitive, it will be hard to rank with pages full of js and images, at least on Google.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you use the picture object then then browser should only load the image for the current breakpoint.

If you use developer mode (F12) in Chrome then you can see that only the image for the current breakpoint will be loaded.
janez72

Post by janez72 »

Yes, I did not know it until this week. Img tags are being readed, even if hidden.
Picture tag is ok, but it's easier to add lazy load to all images.

After much research with Chrome develper mode, I found out, that in most cases, images were even not the bottleneck, as I assumed.
The main problem for LCP (longest content paint) was, surprisingly, cookie policy js.
The one, that is in ready-to-use-js.
I replaced it now with bubble extension and all is ok.

Such things will be important for all users in future, as the main reason to make webpages is to sell or promote something.
And without ranking, it has no purpose. So all code developing efforts must be focused towards SEO.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Such things will be important for all users in future, as the main reason to make webpages is to sell or promote something.
I am sorry but I disagree with you on this. What makes you think that the main reason is to just make websites or webpages that have something to sell!!. Not everyone that uses the software use it to make websites or webpages to sell products many users may simply use it just for the likes of a hobby site or a genealogy(family history) site.

Although SEO is important it may not play a big part for some who are simply making a site for pleasure and fun and not profit so ranking may or not be of interest to them!. Can you please show or share your wisdom and reasoning that shows us all that web designing is strictly only for the purpose to design websites or webpages that sell or for promotion only I would really love to see that so I can understand your thinking!.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Maybe sometimes it's to sell a life style. Thought goes in with an expected outcome as a result. Maybe that equals trade?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Mine are there to provide information. I have no interest in selling or promoting.

Alan
janez72

Post by janez72 »

Bacon Fries - someone who buys a program, all updates, a whole lot of extensions and spends many hours/days/months on computer, is either very rich and makes it for fun or wants to have something in return. Wants to make profit our of spent hours and days.

Does not have to be selling, might be even only self-promoting (even by your own personal blog).
And yes, everyone would like to be high-ranked, I believe.
Whole online world is talking about rankings and Google rules. That not unusual, or?

Sure, there are other people, but I'm talking about the ones, who will be buying all upades in future and would like to have best of it, also in SEO.
I believe there must be a lot of this kind of people.
Life isn't always just fun