some pages scrambled on some browsers

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
DanAbbott

some pages scrambled on some browsers

Post by DanAbbott »

I recently used Web Builder to recreate my wife's webpage that I originally created directly with HTML 20 years ago, so she could do her own editing. I used the import HTML page option and then edited the layout, added a master page, and did some other editing. The preview looks exactly what I want, but when I publish the site, the results only look good for all web pages in Microsoft edge. Chrome, Firefox, and Opera all display some pages correctly, and others with the text badly jumbled, enlarged and on top of other text. The problems happen in different pages in different browsers.

I've never had a problem with the site before when writing code directly, so I assume I am overlooking something simple, but I don't see anything else like this on the forum. The website is www.monicawood.com. I would appreciate any direction anyone can offer. I will leave the site as is for a bit in case someone has time to check it.

Thank you,

Dan Abbott
DanAbbott

Re: some pages scrambled on some browsers

Post by DanAbbott »

An update on this scrambling problem. I published to my computer and then used an ftp program to transfer the files, and it appears to have corrected the problem on all four browsers. I'd prefer to have my wife use the publish option of Web Builder, so still interested in any insight anyone might have. It is confusing to me since it appears to be the same html code.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you did not upload all files?
Or maybe there was an error in the publish log?

Or else it may just be a cache issue of the browser.
DanAbbott

Post by DanAbbott »

Thank you for your response. The website currently is fine online, but she wanted to do some editing and we are still having problems with publish and preview in WebBuilder. Now even the preview is scrambled and doesn't look like the workspace image at all. Text is too large and is on top of images and other text. That's the same problem I was having with the website. It is frustrating for my wife since she can't try out the site before uploading files.

We have used image files from various locations, but they do show up in the workspace and she has no trouble editing there and it looks great. When she tried to preview the entire website, it generates a series of files, but then fails to display anything. If she previews a single page, it looks scrambled. If she tries to pick a link to a different page, she gets a "file not found" error.

I did copy the .wbs file from my computer to hers, with all related files, and I am not having the same problems on my computer. Is there a way to copy the .wbs file and related files from one computer to another that might fix this? I thought that the .wbs file contained all of the information necessary for the website, but unless I also copy images files from the same location only the text shows up.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Please read from the following urls. Also ensure that each PC / Laptop has the most recent version of the software.
Text is too large and is on top of images and other text. That's the same problem I was having with the website.
How to optimize text for different browsers?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34318
Text is too large and is on top of images and other text. That's the same problem I was having with the website.
How to fix text size issues (DPI)?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=85917

Help my pages does not look as intended!
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=53896

How to copy a project from one computer to another?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1884

It is also possible to send your project to be checked for issues before doing so see the following
How do I share my project to get help?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This is most likely related to the DPI configuration:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=85917