Linked Text Unwanted Changes

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
cecarnicom

Linked Text Unwanted Changes

Post by cecarnicom »

Am new to the software, and it has been several years since programming and have knowledge of basic html and some css. Am new to WYSIWYG and really like it so far; really nice software in general. My issue is this:

I set up text on a page and all looks fine with font, color, style, no text decoration, etc. But when I turn that text into a link it takes over as blue and underlined, not usable. I have been all over the software with various attempts, including setting link attributes, but no matter where or how I go in the software I can not get the linked text to remain in the original style and format established. I want the linking to have no effect upon the visual aspects of the text, I just want it to be able to link to another site, in this case an external page.

I have experimented with the same problem on alternative software (Pinegrow) and it does exactly what I want and leaves the text style intact. I have looked at the code results so I can see the difference but since WYSIWYG does not allow me to edit the html directly, I do not seem to able to revise the code to the other software code that works.

Any suggestions or direction given as to how to proceed on this are highly appreciated. Best regards, CEC.
crispy68

Re: Linked Text Unwanted Changes

Post by crispy68 »

You can control the links in a couple of different ways:

1. Page Properties -- Go to Page --> Page Properties --> Style and under links you can set the color for each state and underlining. This affects all the links on the page (global style).

2. Link Styles -- Select the text --> right click on the text --> choose link from the context menu. In the Link properties at the bottom, click on Edit Styles --> click add --> give the style a name and set your colors here. Once done, hit OK and go back to the Link properties. In the Appearance section in the Style dropdown, select the style you just created.

You can also get to the styles screen by selecting Format --> Style Manager --> Hyperlink Styles tab.

You can create as many styles as you want and apply them to different links on the page.
cecarnicom

Post by cecarnicom »

Crispy,

Thanks much, these are exactly the types of things that I have been trying that just seem to produce no change for me, at least in the preview mode. But i will go through your steps exactly and see where I end up after completion, and take a couple of screen shots or include code in here if the problem continues. I will follow your steps as written and see where I end up after, thanks much, CEC
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

It's works. If it doesn't, then your doing something incorrectly. Make sure your are applying the link to the text itself.
cecarnicom

Post by cecarnicom »

Great, I finally have it kicking in. My method of getting it to work does involve the use of the style manager, if I select the text and then select one of the styles that I have created, it does indeed apply it on the preview. Very nice to see, thanks very much for the useful choices here. I have a method that works now so I can also look for how it is going to work with the other methods also.

Shouldn't say how much time I have spent trying to get this, the style manager is certainly going to be easy to use (under format as you mentioned).

With best regards, CEC