Uploading 3rd Party Folder & Files As Part Of Project

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
developer

Uploading 3rd Party Folder & Files As Part Of Project

Post by developer »

Someone must be doing this, but I can't seem to find a clear answer from searching threads, so here is my question...

I have a 3rd party tool that generates a folder with a mix of html, js, css and image files (png, etc).
I load an inline frame in my project with the main file in that folder. That works perfectly.

I would like to be able to publish that folder and all its contents from wysiwyg.

As it is, I can do this externally with ftp, which is a pain and I have to keep track of changes or using publish ->"explore" and upload in wysiwyg, but there are hundreds of files and again, I have to keep track of changes. I'd like to be able to add this folder to the current project and have that folder and contents uploaded as part of publishing or be force-published if I only need to update that folder.

This way, anytime I make a change to the 3rd party output, it is automatically included in the site publishing for my project.

Is there a way I can get this folder uploaded from inside wysiwyg?

Thanks.
Pablo

Re: Uploading 3rd Party Folder & Files As Part Of Project

Post by Pablo »

You can use the 'File Publisher' object to publish external files with page.
developer

Post by developer »

Ah... ok, I was using just the site manager.

So I select the page that needs the files and add the file publisher object.

Ok, that works and it uploaded.

I have to populate an inline frame from the main file in that folder.

Am I limited to using the full url of that main file in the source link for the iframe?

I understand that I can't select it as a file in the project because it's external, but I just wanted to check...

Thanks.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can also specify a relative path.
Or you can create a 'dummy' page in the Site Manager with the same name and set to 'do not publish', then you can link to the page as an internal page.
developer

Post by developer »

Clever. Thank you!