Text box wyswyg Fonts way too small

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
teterpi

Text box wyswyg Fonts way too small

Post by teterpi »

New to Builder. I read the posts about DPI settings for 4k and didn't find help. I copied and pasted to a text object from word and the fonts all look the right size in the editor. Before checking the font size, the preview displayed huge out-of-control fonts. So I changed the font size in the text object and it is coming out just fine in the preview. However in the editor, the fonts are so tiny I can't really read them or edit the text on the fly. I'm not using 4k monitor. My settings in Windows 3840x2160 and 300% (both recommended) and all my apps work as expected. I don't want to change those, just want the font size to render in the editor. I got the impression from the DPI posts for 4K that there is a way to adjust to 150%. Anyway, I have no clue and would appreciate some help. Thank you.
Pablo

Re: Text box wyswyg Fonts way too small

Post by Pablo »

Are you sure you have enabled High DPI support?
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... hp?t=85917

I do not think it can be anything else, because that is what controls how text is rendered.
teterpi

Post by teterpi »

Thank you Pablo....well I tried those settings, but no luck. Maybe it's my monitor, an older flat screen. It's not too hard to work around and the website renders nicely.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It has nothing to do with your monitor, I think it's a DPI configuration issue.
Did you try all suggested settings?
For example, I am pretty sure that if you select 'Override high DPI scaling -> System Enhanced' in the system properties' that this will work too.
teterpi

Post by teterpi »

Thank you. I tried every combinations of settings in the compatibility settings for DPI. When I override system enhanced all the characters get blurry and the fonts are still tiny but look fine on the published web page. I tried with setting program DPI on and off, and various tries on overriding DPI. I give up. I can work around, but I have to either massively zoom in to type or just type in another program and then cut and paste to the small fonts.
teterpi

Post by teterpi »

I also tried just putting a new text box on a new page in case it was a copy/paste issue. Font size Arial 11 is magnifying glass material. It's really a problem when I want to type text into a blog title, for example.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Have you configured the dpi in the system settings see the following from Microsoft how to fix scaling, fuzzy, size etc
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/top ... 0b99aa347d
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you have used a combination of the wrong settings?

If you enable high dpi support in the software then Windows DPI compatibility options should all be disabled.
teterpi

Post by teterpi »

That was the trick! I'm sorry I didn't know about the app setting for DPI. I disabled all windows settings and then enabled DPI in the software. The pages I already made still have the small fonts, but I can fix those. Great software for my needs. Thanks!