Flex grid

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
tba

Flex grid

Post by tba »

Page with several breakpoints. Add a flexgrid to default breakpoint page, set columns and rows.

On all other breakpoints the flexgrid is not as for the default breakpoint

Otherwise some elements works when added to default breakpointwhilst others don't.

Most frustrating :|
Pablo

Re: Flex grid bug

Post by Pablo »

There are no known issues with the flex grid.
If you need help then please share a DEMO project so I can try to help you.

For further details about how to share a project file, please see this FAQ:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134

Note that a flex grid can have different layouts in breakpoints.
if you want to have the same layout as in the default view, then select 'default breakpoint' in the template dropdown.
gofrank

Post by gofrank »

I've found in working with the flexgrid to first create the page with only the default view (no breakpoints). Then, add the flexgrid container.

Once you're satisfied with the flexgrid default layout, create your additional breakpoints and the flexgrid will be duplicated to them. Otherwise, if you create all the breakpoints first and then add the flexgrid, you will have to duplicate all the flexgrid layout steps for each breakpoint...very tedious!
Billing clients for your freelance work? Try Minute-2-Minute, the project management, timing, and billing system. Perfect for web developers who charge by the hour. FREE 45-day trial.
tba

Post by tba »

I've been struggling with this for the last 2 days and the only reliable method I have found is the old-fashioned method of hiding/un-hiding text objects for each breakpoint. The flexgrid lacks consistency and logic as to what objects are affected and when, however I'm sure that you'll sort out this problem in coming updates which we look forward to.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There are no known issues with the flex grid so I am not sure what I need to do to "sort out any problems"?
Flex grids are standard HTML functionality so I cannot change the way they work.
However, I have tried to provide some tools to make it easier for you to use them in your WWB projects.
For example, you can copy the structure of the default view to breakpoints in one click. If you had to do this in HTML then it would take you a lot of time!

If you if think you have found an issue then please describe the exact steps to reprocess the issue so I can check it out.
crispy68

Re: Flex grid

Post by crispy68 »

@tba,

Flexgrid is not difficult to work with if you know how.

As gofrank suggested, if you insert a flexgrid into your default layout before you add breakpoints to the page, the layout will be copied to each breakpoint you add from the default layout.
Otherwise, if you create all the breakpoints first and then add the flexgrid, you will have to duplicate all the flexgrid layout steps for each breakpoint...very tedious!
However, if you already have breakpoints and then insert a flexgrid, create your layout in the default and then go to the breakpoint, it will initially have the layout as it did in the default view when you first inserted it. Simply open the flexgrid properties, under "template" dropdown choose "default breakpoint". This will then copy the layout you have in the default to the breakpoint. There is no need to recreate the layout in the breakpoint.