Help - Setting up email link

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
porkchop

Help - Setting up email link

Post by porkchop »

Hello,

I have searched everywhere for simple instructions but can't seem to find my answer.

I want to put an image on the site that says Send an Email....when they click on it they will be able to send an email.
I was able to do it in an old program I had called Web Studio years ago but can't figure it out for this one. I am using WB15

Is it possible to attach and email address to an image?
If so, could you please write the step by step instructions for me. I am a newbie. I tried using the form wizard but can't figure it out.

Thank you!
porkchop

Re: Help - Setting up email link

Post by porkchop »

I saw these instructions but my doesn't show the same. It doesn't have anything about mailto:

Link to an email address
Select Email Address from the Link To dropdown list. The URL box will automatically be updated with the mailto: prefix. Now enter the destination email address like this:
mailto: webmaster@yourdomain.com
You can also include a subject for the email like this: mailto:webmaster@yourdomain.com?subject=Website Feedback

Thank you for your time.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Simply double click on the image to open the properties and click on the 'link' tab. Then follow the directions above you found.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

First please note that WYSIWYG WebBuilder 15 is no longer supported. But feel free to try the following:⁸

Insert the image, shape or rollover image you want to link double click on it and select Insert->Link ->Link to an email address Select Email Address from the Link To dropdown list. The URL box will automatically be updated with the mailto: prefix. Now enter the destination email address like this:
You can also include a subject for the email like this: mailto:webmaster@yourdomain.com?subject=Website Feedback
Couple of screenshots as a example:

porkchop

Post by porkchop »

crispy68 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:06 pm Simply double click on the image to open the properties and click on the 'link' tab. Then follow the directions above you found.
Thank you so much! This worked. :D
porkchop

Post by porkchop »

BaconFries wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:10 pm First please note that WYSIWYG WebBuilder 15 is no longer supported. But feel free to try the following:⁸

Insert the image, shape or rollover image you want to link double click on it and select Insert->Link ->Link to an email address Select Email Address from the Link To dropdown list. The URL box will automatically be updated with the mailto: prefix. Now enter the destination email address like this:
Couple of screenshots as a example:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Instructions from crispy68 still worked for WB15
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Yes they will still work and always did!! crispy kindly provided as solution even though WB15 is no longer supported.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Just be aware that "mailto:" relies on the client browser being able to link to the clients email. It isn't always the case.

Alan
porkchop

Post by porkchop »

Thank you for the info :D