How to publish to a website that is currently using DotNetNuke ASP

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
bleibold

How to publish to a website that is currently using DotNetNuke ASP

Post by bleibold »

Hello,

I have an existing website that is built using DotNetNuke. We made the decision to migrate our DNN ASP.net site to using this product for site building and maintenance.

Since the DNN site uses 'Default.aspx' to launch the home page I cannot figure out how to retain the ASP.net folder, but use its new index.html file as the new site launch file.

We will no longer move forward with DNN, but we need the ASP support to stay as we also have a separate ASP.Net server page that does some licensing authentication and it is expected to be in the same root folder 'httpdocs' as the new WYSWIG HTML driven content.

Any ideas? Is this a redirect solution where any call to the domain is redirected to this new 'index.html', but this will kill my authentication server aspx pages as they need to be part of the domain also. I don't know if a sub domain will resolve this or not.

As a test I renamed the 'default.aspx' site page and when navigating to the domain it will not pick up the index.html site page as it expects that 'Default.aspx' file to be existing.

Any ideas are very welcome.

Best regards,

Bill
BaconFries

Re: How to publish to a website that is currently using DotNetNuke ASP

Post by BaconFries »

You can try the following under Page Properties-> Page Extension select asp if that doesn't work you can manually input .aspx or jus aspx this should then output the index page as index.aspx and not index.html