Responsive Menu

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
brynj

Responsive Menu

Post by brynj »

I have an issue with the 'ResponsiveMenu' - it has a tick box that says 'close menu on link click' which is ticked - but it doesn't have any effect on my Windows laptop or my iPad (the menu opens and stays open until I move the pointer away, it then closes). The strange thing is it does work on my iphone so seems like the problem is with larger screen sizes.

Any obvious thoughts before I upload a sample (the website uses layout grids if that is a possible influence) ........
Pablo

Re: Responsive Menu

Post by Pablo »

Maybe there is a misunderstanding how this feature works?
The purpose is to close the menu when a link is clicked. This is mainly useful for link on the same page.
Also, if you use events then this feature will be disabled because the event will override the standard behavior.

If you need further assistance then please share a demo project.
brynj

Post by brynj »

Yes - that is what I wanted it do, automatically close after a selection is made. but it only works on the iphone screen - having said that I do use events to achieve what I needed to do, so it sounds like that is the issue.

Currently I have had to move text to the right so it is not covered by the open menu , which is ok, but on the smaller iphone screen the text is then too far right because the menu auto closes and leaves a blank space.

Can you suggest a 'similar' alternative menu that would close automatically after selection while using events ?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This is not related to this specific menu, it is related to how events work.

This may be helpful information:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... hp?t=37833
brynj

Post by brynj »

OK Thanks - I will look at adding breakpoints where I can move the text back to the left for smaller screens.

Update - breakpoints helped.
brynj

Post by brynj »

Just in case anyone else is reading this then I have found the Panel Menu works for me whilst also using events i.e. it closes after selection, This means I do not need to use breakpoints which makes for a cleaner solution.

Happy days ........................