Permissions 0644 v 0755

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
Brian Lambert

Permissions 0644 v 0755

Post by Brian Lambert »

Hi
When I make alterations to my web site www.brian-lambert.co.uk I'm not able to view these updates on the www, the page shows as it was originally pre updating. Even clearing Cookies, Cache and History in the browser or waiting 24 plus hours makes no difference.
Using FileZilla can see the new updated file(s) with the date and time they were uploaded showing correctly, so they have been uploaded OK to the server. All the newly uploaded files I notice carry a Permission of 0644, but all other files are 0755. Is the difference the reason for not being able to view the newer updated files on the www? BTW I'm using the latest Web Builder update.
If the 0644 permission is the cause how is it corrected please? As I can't find any reference to 0644 or 0755 anywhere in page settings etc!

Thanks
Last edited by Brian Lambert on Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Re: Permisssions 0644 v 0755

Post by Pablo »

The software does not do anything with permissions, so they are uploaded with default permissions.
I think there is an issue with cache, either on the server side on in your browser.

Did you also try another browser?
Brian Lambert

Re: Permissions 0644 v 0755

Post by Brian Lambert »

Problem solved! I have now three times refreshed the Cache (Google Chrome) and twice it gave the same old view, but the third refresh cleared away whatever was stopping the new page details from showing and its now fine. Thank you for the hint. :D