Page 1 of 1
creating new icon - and inserting it in lyout grid
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:24 pm
by TomasR
Hi guys, please, would you recommend me any free software for easy making icons / buttons?
I tried to create new icon / button by simple merging "shape + faicon" // "shape + shape". It looks cool on my web pages, but I figured out, it is impossible to insert it in layout grid

(
So I wonder, if there is any way to make more objects to be one; or if there is any simple software, which I could use to create icons and buttons for myself?
Is there any addon for WYSIWYG Web builder, where man could simply put some objects on space and make it to be one object?
Is there any "button gallery" to choose buttons from?
In WYSIWYG Web builder there are only two - button - options in "form". "Button" and "icon button". Both nice, but quite simple

Did I miss anything?
Thank you for possible advice!
Re: creating new icon - and inserting it in lyout grid
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:40 pm
by Pablo
Merged objects cannot be part of a layout grid because Merged objects use absolute position and layout grid are flexible layout.
But you can create custom icon libraries:
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/iconfonts.html
Also, the 'User Collection' is basically a folder on your computer with SVG files, so you can place your own SVG file in this folder.
Re: creating new icon - and inserting it in lyout grid
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:04 pm
by Bluesman
Hi TomasR. If you're looking for a software that you can make nice icons and buttons this can be fun:
https://iconion.com/index.html#download
or/and
http://fancyelements.com/
one free and one for a small fee. I tested and they still works

Installed them apr 12 years agoo
Cheers
Re: creating new icon - and inserting it in lyout grid
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:50 am
by TomasR
Thank you guys for response and thanks a lot Bluesman for software tips! I downloaded both
Final solution for me: create picture (button), which you want to use as button in WYSIWYG Web builder in any program -> in WYSIWYG go to "insert card", there choose "form" and there choose "icon button" -> at "object properities" of created "icon button" choose "style" and in "default state" / "active state" / "hover state" click on "background mode" and there choose "image". Then just click on "background image" (for each state) and choose image in your PC which you want to use as a button in WYSIWYG.
Re: creating new icon - and inserting it in lyout grid
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:15 pm
by TomasR
PS: I tried Gimp right now. It´s free and I found out it´s great for button creating.
Just...
1) create button, as you would like it to look like (even from several objects) in WYSIWYG Web builder
2) merge all objects together
3) zoom on new object (to make it large on screen)
4) prt sc (print screen) it
5) paste it into Gimp
6) do your work and then "export" your picture as .png
If you create three same pictures this way (on the WYSIWYG Web builder screen), but each in different color variation and then you paste it to Gimp and export them as .png, you have all pictures you need for active / default / hover state for your new "icon button" in WYSIWYG Web builder. Congrats!
