Bcrypt not loading

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
amir2314

Bcrypt not loading

Post by amir2314 »

Hi dear pablo . I added my sql info to login admin panel
If its on bcrypt cant login to admin but when i change the hash to md5 the login is succeas .
Where is my wrong process ? I read the help
You write change the lenght database field to 127 or 255
Wich table you mean ? All table in structure ?
Last edited by amir2314 on Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Re: Bcrypt not loading

Post by Pablo »

Do you mean that the page does not load?
In that case, your host may not support bcrypt.

You will need to change the length of the password field, otherwise the bcrypt hash cannot be stored.
amir2314

Post by amir2314 »

Pablo wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:02 pm Do you mean that the page does not load?

You will need to change the length of the password field, otherwise the bcrypt hash cannot be stored.
Hi . I just tryed bcrypt on my localhost with wamp server not tested to online server.
amir2314

Post by amir2314 »

Pablo wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:02 pm Do you mean that the page does not load?

In admin panel when i try to login cant read the passwordto login and page will reset . But when i change the admin login to md5. I can login
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You will need to change the length of password field in the database, otherwise it will not work.
amir2314

Post by amir2314 »

Pablo wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:59 am You will need to change the length of password field in the database, otherwise it will not work.
I changed the length of password field in database to varchar ( 127 ) or ( 255 )
But still cant login to admin !
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

In that case, either the password is wrong or there is a problem with PHP sessions.
amir2314

Post by amir2314 »

Pablo wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:48 am In that case, either the password is wrong or there is a problem with PHP sessions.
I change the password many times to test login to admin . Its seams its just work only with md5 cuase in md5 login is success. Also i tested on online server . Cant work with bcrypt .
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

I used md5 and bcrypt with my test of login tools, it works perfectly im my wamp server. I think there is a problem in your setting, slight change can make it go wrong so checking the setting carefully is very essential. I always keep a backup of my working project and tweak it and see if anything goes wrong. Then I can figure out which setting might be responsible for the error.
amir2314

Post by amir2314 »

wwonderfull wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:57 am I used md5 and bcrypt with my test of login tools, it works perfectly im my wamp server. I think there is a problem in your setting, slight change can make it go wrong so checking the setting carefully is very essential. I always keep a backup of my working project and tweak it and see if anything goes wrong. Then I can figure out which setting might be responsible for the error.
Can i see your table configuration in wamp ? Wich version of wamp installed in your pc ?
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

amir2314 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:00 am
wwonderfull wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:57 am I used md5 and bcrypt with my test of login tools, it works perfectly im my wamp server. I think there is a problem in your setting, slight change can make it go wrong so checking the setting carefully is very essential. I always keep a backup of my working project and tweak it and see if anything goes wrong. Then I can figure out which setting might be responsible for the error.
Can i see your table configuration in wamp ? Wich version of wamp installed in your pc ?
I am using the latest version of wamp server. The settings are basic did not touch anything it was default.
amir2314

Post by amir2314 »

The problem is bcrypt not working even on my online server too ! The server is linux_ cpanel
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

amir2314 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:02 am
The problem is bcrypt not working even on my onli e server too ! The server is linux_ cpanel
Can't say anything about the webserver as I always always say there is always something going wrong in the webserver so people should buy web host service from renowned and more professional webhost service. Some times the webhost support team help and other times they just say everything is fine although it is not because they can't do much to help.
Last edited by wwonderfull on Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

You can email them or contact them and see if it can be resolved other than that try using other free webhosts to test your project and see if it works. If you think wamp is having problem try using XAMPP and see if that works.
amir2314

Post by amir2314 »

wwonderfull wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:06 am You can email them or contact them and see if it can be resolved other than that try using other free webhosts to test your project and see if it works. If you think wamp is having problem try using XAMPP and see if that works.

Is it necessary to use bcrypt For my website ?
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

amir2314 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:50 pm
wwonderfull wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:06 am You can email them or contact them and see if it can be resolved other than that try using other free webhosts to test your project and see if it works. If you think wamp is having problem try using XAMPP and see if that works.

Is it necessary to use bcrypt For my website ?
I think If you're talking about the password hashing algorithm bcrypt, the main difference is that md5 is designed to be fast, and bcrypt is designed to be slow. This makes it harder for an attacker to brute-force a password. Bcrypt has been around since the late 90s and has handled significant scrutiny by the information security/cryptography community. It has proven reliable and secure over time.

According to some MD5 has been cryptographically broken and considered insecure. For this reason, it should not be used for anything. Instead, developers should switch to the Secure Hash Algorithm or a Symmetric Cryptographic Algorithm.