Login Button - Admin page

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
WillieRas

Login Button - Admin page

Post by WillieRas »

Evening all.

Please assist me with a non-responsive Login Button on the admin page.

After trying a lot today and reading forum posts i am no closer to getting this resolved.

The problem is that when i open my admin page of the login tools, the login button is unresponsive. I tested this with a blank project with only the login form as index and the admin page. I am not using a flat file. I am connecting to MySQL. This all is tested on a newly registered website through cPanel config.

If i remove the password from the object properties, it works fine. I can add, modify and delete users. When i open the database through Navicat it shows that the user is created so the database connection is definitely working. I can also log in normally after the user has been created but as soon as i put a password in the field the button stops working again.

What i have done and checked according to similar forum posts is the following:

I changed the php version of the server from 7.4 down to 5.5 testing each version. Returned it back to 7.4.
Changed the hash algo from MD5 to bcript and visa versa.
Deleted all files in the public_html folder each time i test and upload fresh files.
Created a new project with only login and admin pages.

I dont know if there is anything i must change in MySQL? I'm very much in noob territory here with regards to everything.
Pablo

Re: Login Button - Admin page

Post by Pablo »

Changed the hash algo from MD5 to bcript and visa versa.
Note that cannot switch back MD5 after using bscript, because then hash in the database will not longer be valid.
So, if you want to go back to md5 then you will need to clear all passwords.
Also, for bcrypt, you will need to make sure that length of hash filed is large enough in the database. See also the notes about this in the help.
WillieRas

Post by WillieRas »

Hi, thanks. I will change it back to MD5 and clear the stored passwords, and also make sure the length is sufficient.

Further testing done now as follow:

Installed a local WAMP stack to test. Generated a new users table now with the same result. The login button is still unresponsive until i clear the password field in the control properties. Am i correct in assuming that the password that you enter on the admin panel as indicated in my picture is not stored in the mySQL database but local? Why would it work without the admin password but when i enter a admin password it does not?

I did the local test on MariaDB and mySQL with the same result.

So at least i know it is not something to do with the hosting provider. Unless there is some PHP extensions not installed on the hosting provider and on my local DB's.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The login button is still unresponsive
Do you mean that you cannot press the 'login' button?
Are you sure you have entered the correct password? Note that the password is case sensitive.

There has never been another user with the same problem so to be able to help you, I need a DEMO project so I can see all your settings.
WillieRas

Post by WillieRas »

Do you mean that you cannot press the 'login' button?
I can click on the button but nothing happens on the click event. It doesn't take me to the login page for the admin panel. Is just stay the same with the only button of login. When i remove the password and clink on the button again it immediately takes me to the admin panel.
Are you sure you have entered the correct password? Note that the password is case sensitive.
Yes, the password is all small letters. You can even just set it to abc123 and the result is the same.
I need a DEMO project so I can see all your settings.
Please see dropbox link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k16z2er1v8x2 ... dryja?dl=0
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The settings seem to be ok,
If you look at the source code of the login page then the only reason why it may fail is if cookies are blocked.
So, maybe the cookies in your browser are blocked?
WillieRas

Post by WillieRas »

Ok, i will check and test again and give feedback.