Text box disappeared???

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Trugmaker

Re: Text box disappeared???

Post by Trugmaker »

I was not intending my response to intimate that there was an issue with the software 'as-is', I simply meant there could have been a glitch when I downloaded the update, no reflection on the software whatsoever. But as we are all aware, downloads are frequently corrupted for one or other reasons. Thankyou all for your interest and concern, so very appreciated, hopefully I/we can resolve it but I am 71 (two days ago) and this is a complicated and rather stressful occurrence. Thankyou
Kevin
Never complain about getting old, the alternative is far worse!
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Trugmaker wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:41 pm I was not intending my response to intimate that there was an issue with the software 'as-is', I simply meant there could have been a glitch when I downloaded the update, no reflection on the software whatsoever. But as we are all aware, downloads are frequently corrupted for one or other reasons. Thankyou all for your interest and concern, so very appreciated, hopefully I/we can resolve it but I am 71 (two days ago) and this is a complicated and rather stressful occurrence. Thankyou
Kevin
I think you are right about the download getting corrupt for some reason that is the reason we should download using a good download manger.
try https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
It is free to use and I hope it can sovles corrupt downloads. I use it also.
Last edited by wwonderfull on Wed May 18, 2022 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

wwonderfull wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:03 am
Trugmaker wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:41 pm I was not intending my response to intimate that there was an issue with the software 'as-is', I simply meant there could have been a glitch when I downloaded the update, no reflection on the software whatsoever. But as we are all aware, downloads are frequently corrupted for one or other reasons. Thankyou all for your interest and concern, so very appreciated, hopefully I/we can resolve it but I am 71 (two days ago) and this is a complicated and rather stressful occurrence. Thankyou
Kevin
I think you are right about the download getting corrupt for some reason that is the reason we should download using.
try https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
It is free to use and I hope it can sovles corrupt downloads. I use it also.
I must disagree with you there.
The correct place to directly download from is still https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
It's only about 17MB so in the highly unlikely event the download is corrupt just redownload it.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

I must disagree with you there.
The correct place to directly download from is still https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
It's only about 17MB so in the highly unlikely event the download is corrupt just redownload it.
@WWBman I was just suggesting a downloader if needed. It is never the solution and yes as you said and even I my self download directly from wwb website and the forum using just my browser as I use latest tech. But some people use downloaders to download as I know. They use IDM, IDA, DAP many many downloader. So If some one uses those to download I just gave a free download manager which costs nothing but does the work perfectly :D not trying to prove anything btw.. The problem is still a problem the downloader was never the solution I recommended :) Its more like a tip.
Trugmaker

Post by Trugmaker »

My worst fears have been realised! Pablo you asked for a Demo page, was in the process of doing so when I discovered my index page has gone to pieces with missing images - misplaced images etc. It was suggested that a 'previewed page is exactly as it will appear when uploaded, yet when I 'preview' the website it is totally perfect, but any page I actually upload is badly corrupted. I have used the built in uploader and FileZilla, with the same corruptions. Where do I go from here? Is it still worth creating a DEMO for you? I really believe my problem is deeper/more than just the HTML or CSS. Help, my income has ceased from 20 minutes ago!
brynj

Post by brynj »

Hi Trugmaker - sorry to butt in but multiple times it has been requested that you send your websites .wbs file, without doing this then no-one can help you - do you know where to find this file on your local PC/Laptop ?

Send it and let Pablo check it and guide you on where you have gone wrong.
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

Just another suggestion:
Do you have your own backup .wbs file prior to this issue appearing?
I don't mean the back up on your server that Publish does.
I mean the backup that you hopefully do in the event that your hard disc becomes inoperable.
If so, I would copy that onto your local disk and rename it (e.g. backup1.wbs) so that it doesn't get confused with the 'live' one.
Then do an Export to HTML into a 'test' folder and see the result.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There is no difference between preview and publish. In both cases, the exact same files will be generated.
If the published page looks different then either not all files have been published or there is an issue on the server side.

If you want my help, then I need your project file. There is no other way I can help you.

The longer you wait with sharing the project, the longer it will take to find a solutions for you.
Trugmaker

Post by Trugmaker »

I BELIEVE I have sent the Demo in zip form, please see trugmakers.co.uk/PabloDemo2.zip
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for the project.
However, I do not see anything wrong. As far as I can tell all text is visible in all breakpoints.
What do I need to do to see the problem?

I assume I have to look at page 'classic-Trugs'?
Is this the same page you have a problem with?

Note: the project uses a third party extension "Android Full Screen Background.wbx" which I do not have.
So, I am not sure what this does.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Pablo I believe this is the extension
https://www.magicwebdesigners.com/wysiw ... ground.php
Trugmaker

Post by Trugmaker »

Thankyou Pablo and Bacon Fries for your kind interest. I am most certainly gunna be regarded as the most arrogant person ever on this forum, but my huge reluctance to upload a DEMO file is because I was certain that your response would be "Nothing wrong here mate" which is what the result was! I repeat it is PERFECT when 'previewed', yet my site goes tits-up when uploaded, so how on earth can I start afresh without understanding where the problem lies? I deleted all files on my website with Filezilla and re-uploaded with the perfect (previewed) project - yet still corrupt!!!! WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE???? Is it possible that there is a glitch in my hosting software?
brynj

Post by brynj »

At least you now know for sure its not a WWB issue.

I use filezilla, in the two panes where you can see your local files and server files - do the files match ? so you know none are missing on the server.
Maybe start with a number count in each folder and then you only need to further examine any where they do not match.

I have just looked at your website on my ipad and cannot see anything obviously wrong - maybe by doing a fresh upload you have solved it already ?
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Maybe you're uploading from an old folder instead of where the newer files are generated?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Firstly, I like to note that everyone on the forum here has the best intentions to help you, so there is no need to be rude or SHOUT.

The reason why I asked for your project it to make sure there are no errors in your settings.
Now that we know that the page in the project is OK, we can rule out errors in the software.

The project you have shared contains one page "classic-Trugs.html".
When I visit the page on your website then for me it looks the same as in preview.
https://trugmakers.co.uk/classic-Trugs.html

So, for me it looks like everything is correct.

Maybe there is a problem with your browser?
Did you try to clear your browser cache?
Trugmaker

Post by Trugmaker »

Pablo I did not know that to capitalise words was classed as shouting, I use them purely to emphasise. Sorry. I massively appreciate all your, and several others invaluable help on here, as do we all - but please understand this week has been the most stressful I can remember. I have not solved the problem, but have improved it as my index page is restored. I deleted all my website files on my hosting and re-uploaded which has restored all pages to its former self with the exception of the page where the problem started (see trugmakers.co.uk/Harlequin-Trugs.html ). And, if you have not had enough of this post, I would really appreciate you looking at this page if I make yet another Demo for you to examine - Please! (I was going to capitalise please, but thought better :oops:
Kind regards
Kevin
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What do you see when you visit trugmakers.co.uk/Harlequin-Trugs.html ?

For me, it seems to be correct. I do not see missing text in breakpoints.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

This is what I see

when I visit
https://trugmakers.co.uk/Harlequin-Trugs.html

Looking at the source code you are using jquery-3.6.0.min.js but on the following
https://trugmakers.co.uk/classic-Trugs.html it is displaying fine but the jquery is set to use jquery-1.12.4.min.js I would suggest that you set the jquery of the harlequin to the same and hopefully this should resolve you issue.

Note I hade to go through every page and view the source of each which is time consuming this is why we ask for a demo project which makes it easier to see that is or may be wrong.
Trugmaker

Post by Trugmaker »

So appreciate your time and interest BF, but how/where do I change that?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You can select the jquery version in the page properties. Also looking at the page again in mobile/cell I can see the text you say has disappeared it is actually hidden along with the yellow shape it is on behind the main body. If you where to move the forward/to front they would be in view again.
Trugmaker

Post by Trugmaker »

I have changed it, thankyou, and as you noted, it seems it's the only page that is different, brilliant spot (you guys should be paid for help). But I am in the process of re-designing what was a 480 page to a 320 as believe that is where the problem lies and perhaps it is already solved with your suggestion. I am terrified to upload as it risks reverting back to the problem! Ironically, I sell more Harlequins than any other trug. I Will let you know how it proceeds.
P.S. I always clear browsing cache before.
Trugmaker

Post by Trugmaker »

Hi BF, if you have had enough of this problem, which I understand, please feel no need to respond.
Many years ago, I wrote a book called how to solve Cryptic Crosswords. Until I solve a problem I am like a dog with a bone and cannot give up until I have solved it, but this problem is beating me hands down. Here are my attempts that have failed and where I believe the problem lies.
1) The responsive Harlequin-Trugs.HTML is the only page on my website https:/www.trugmakers that is corrupt.
2) I deleted the page within WWB17 and on the server
3) I replaced the now missing page by copying the same page from a previous project, in preview, perfect. Uploaded still corrupt.
4) Suspicious that the problem lied within the 320px responsive page, so deleted all content and re-designed the whole 320 page. Previewed and perfect. After uploading, bizarrely the old 320 page was still there despite several control F5’s ?
5) At this stage I completely wiped the entire website using FileZilla, then re-uploaded all pages with WWB. Bizarrely the old page was STLL there, but corrupt and with elements of the newly designed page scattered around, a mixture of old and new page?
6) I assumed for some reason the upload was not going where it should, but when I checked the date and time, all uploaded files were present and correct.
7) As has been said, if it previews properly, which it does, then my building of pages are not to blame.
8) I have no idea what to do next. My most popular seller is the Harlequin Trug and have not sold one for a week. My sales as a result have plummeted to a degree that my business is in jeopardy and my google ranking has fallen from page one to two.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Are you sure there is no problem with your browser cache?
Or maybe the server caches the page?
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

A consideration: could you ask your host if they are having reports of disk corruption?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
brynj

Post by brynj »

I just tried to view https://trugmakers.co.uk/Harlequin-Trugs.html and get a 404 Not Found, so I assume you have removed it or in the process of delete & reinstall.

When its available again let others on here check it to see if it appears ok - if it does then it will be your browser cache.
Trugmaker

Post by Trugmaker »

Pablo, I have realised that this forum is for design problems not for 'outside' problems. I am absolutely certain that my problem is nothing to do with the software, so you will probably decide not to be involved as it is not within your remit. However, I will explain what I can only consider 'Bizarre' - I have deleted the offending Harlequin-Trugs page from hosting, both HTML &CSS. I then stripped the page of all content on the two responsive pages in WWB, yet when I upload the stripped project page (Harlequin-Trugs) the old and corrupt page that I have deleted returns!!!! How the hell is that possible?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I think there is a problem with your browser's cache.
Did you also try another browser?
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

The page is back and this is what I see on my desktop on several browsers.
Trugmaker

Post by Trugmaker »

Several
Trugmaker

Post by Trugmaker »

The page you show is the one I have deleted from my host and uploaded a new one! Where can it come from , how can it be?
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

brynj said that https://trugmakers.co.uk/Harlequin-Trugs.html was getting a 404 Not Found.
I tried that link and it showed the page.
So between 1:01pm and 1:23pm did you upload the page?

So are you saying the page I just displayed isn't the one you uploaded?
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

brynj

Post by brynj »

Just checked now and I see the page - but it is all out of order.

There is something(s) behind the main page and also additional images of trugs and 'Buy Now' buttons at the bottom of the page.

Behind the main page are some yellow boxes and some text.
I say additional images as there no images missing from the 4 boxes on the page.
I am viewing on a full screen laptop and the extra images are all down the bottom left hand side of the screen - could the additional images etc be from break points and not been hidden in the default view ?

Just tried on iphone and breakpoint(s) do not seem correct as items (like the menu buttons) go out of view so require side scrolling to see them all.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

I think this page https://trugmakers.co.uk/Harlequin-Trugs.html needs a modern responsive web design. It is bloated to be honest. With skills your same website can be made in bootstrap framing and also will function better in browsers and devices. I do assume you made it your self but could do better if you use wwb's true potential.
Trugmaker

Post by Trugmaker »

I don't think some viewers of my website entirely grasp the problem, 'with total respect, the 'Harlequin' page is scrambled due to the problem, not by design. I sell primarily to 'silver surfers' and I am complimented on so very many occasions that the pages/site are/is clear and simple to navigate "A welcome change" etc. I just need assistance from a WWB wizard to point out the problem. Heeeeeeelp!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you need help with this page then please share a DEMO project so I can see the settings.
If the page looks correct in local preview then the issue is on the server side.
Trugmaker

Post by Trugmaker »

Dead right Pablo! I contacted the server (Owned by my daughters husband who has recently left her) and he has 'fixed' the problem! Thankyou all those who showed interest and suggestions over a very stressfull week.
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

Glad you got it sorted.
I'm sure you know but just in case:
The link on the home page menu goes to https://trugmakers.co.uk/page1.html which doesn't exist.
The page https://trugmakers.co.uk/Harlequin-Trugs.html also doesn't exist.
Trugmaker

Post by Trugmaker »

Thanks WWBman - They don't exist because those pages needed replacing to solve the problem so the links have been changed and are now correct. :D
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

Trugmaker wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:08 pm Thanks WWBman - They don't exist because those pages needed replacing to solve the problem so the links have been changed and are now correct. :D
Yep, looks fine now.
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

Just one more thing!
On the default breakpoint the link for "My Harlequin Trugs" goes to https://trugmakers.co.uk/HarlMAY.html
But on smaller breakpoints the link for "My Harlequin Trugs" doesn't go anywhere.