Wordpress Builder

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Pablo

Re: Wordpress Builder

Post by Pablo »

by picking on one popular platform such as Shopify and marry WWB's features with Shopify's E-commerce
I have released a set of extensions for Shopify:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/shopify.html

I did try to get permission to integrate this in WWB, but they have refused it for unknown reasons... so I gave up on that.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

zinc wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:42 am While I appreciate Pablo's points on the scope of WWB, one thing that perhaps can be suggested an "E-commerce" edition of WWB where the focus is purely on the ecommerce capabilities by picking on one popular platform such as Shopify and marry WWB's features with Shopify's E-commerce end. I am sure they would support this project. While it is good to add bits from various e-commerce companies, personally I have found his implementation of PayPal the best. However I do also understand not everything is in Pablo's hands but this gives food for thought and moving with times and tapping into different parts of the market.

My thoughts...
I also agree. The e-commerce platforms now a days is the reason for most people using websites so that is a part which people are more focused on than blogging to be honest. But still WWB has some of the basic and mid advanced level features for bloggers too. With functionality WWB provides a diverse way of designing. As you said it was good to add bits from various e-commerce companies. Which made WWB more modular and a better tool for web-designing. As you can see in the extensions and in the built in features.
Rob

Post by Rob »

So not to be a "late to the party" but "WordPress" always perks my ears and not in a good way. My issue with WP is that you MUST keep it up to date lest it be hacked (a nice money maker), HOWEVER, if you do - most likely it will break. The WP platform must agree with the server settings, which must agree with the builder used, which must still agree with the template used, which must still agree with every single 3rd party hack of a plugin used. Personal experience tells me it simply isn't worth the hassle. WB is a must more stable solution - bar none. And if they must use a web-based tool for ecommerce purposes, there are better solutions than WP (such as any all in one self hosted solution - like a Shopify or Ecwid) which can be linked to the brochure website done in WB.

As a business, I always tell the client - if they need website updates to be made (my pricing actually includes 15 min/mo), I am happy to make them affordably. They have better things to do than mess with a website builder - like run their business.

Let me know if I've missed any important points that were trying to be made.

JMO

https://www.thewebsiteguy.biz/whyihatewordpress.html
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
zinc

Post by zinc »

Good points Rob
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
onlye

Post by onlye »

wwonderfull wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:08 am
zinc wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:42 am While I appreciate Pablo's points on the scope of WWB, one thing that perhaps can be suggested an "E-commerce" edition of WWB where the focus is purely on the ecommerce capabilities by picking on one popular platform such as Shopify and marry WWB's features with Shopify's E-commerce end. I am sure they would support this project. While it is good to add bits from various e-commerce companies, personally I have found his implementation of PayPal the best. However I do also understand not everything is in Pablo's hands but this gives food for thought and moving with times and tapping into different parts of the market.

My thoughts...
I also agree. The e-commerce platforms now a days is the reason for most people using websites so that is a part which people are more focused on than blogging to be honest. But still WWB has some of the basic and mid-advanced level features for bloggers too. With functionality WWB provides a diverse way of designing. As you said it was good to add bits from various e-commerce companies. Which made WWB more modular and a better tool for web-designing. As you can see in the extensions and in the built in features.
I'll help make this easy for all struggling with e-commerce and wanting a Wizzy e-commerce solution. Sign up as a referral partner or a reseller (based on the volume you expect to do) with ecwid.com. ecwid is designed to be a widget embedded in online programs, websites, Facebook, Instagram, etc. It works great with Wizzy using either an HTML container or the extensions that Pablo has done a great job on. It has a wide feature set and works in many e-commerce environments. There you go; the solution is provided. No more discussion is needed.

Now for anyone that has an issue with it costing money (not being included for no cost in Wizzy), then you are not really interested in selling an e-commerce solution.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
zinc

Post by zinc »

Thank you for your suggestion - ECWID is not what I am looking for as I need a tight integration with the website in terms of design and UX and Pablo's implantation of PayPal is perfect however a few improvements can be added to it.

My thoughts were merely a suggestion and not something that I am looking for but it is good know - One thing though if you have implemented a site with ECWID, I love to see it.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
johnsmith0251

Post by johnsmith0251 »

I don't know what you're talking about here. This was not a feature request, and I made clear in this thread that I have no interest in using a feature like this, even if it were added to the program. I actually have no need for a cms / blogging style system. This was just a conversation.
wwonderfull wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:01 am the feature won't come hot unless the developer is motivated right now. I hope you get the point.
How long can you wait for this feature... Nothing against.
Those who are satisfied with WWB do not dream it to be the next WordPress.
Absolutely. It's kinda interesting how cms based systems merged beyond blog posts lol
wwonderfull wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:01 am WWB was not meant for cms ...
I agree that it was never intended to be one, but now it is. WWB is one of the many ways to approach a simplified website build. I love wwb and want it to be around forever - it's my program of choice. Understanding the core reasons why people select one builder over another, in my opinion, helps Pablo stay ahead and offers opportunities to expand the wwb user base. Excluding the online builders you mentioned, there are, in fact, a few offline direct competitors to WWB. Every few years, I review and ensure that the software I use provides the greatest ease and time effectively and can handle the most common client features requested for that time period. WWB is less intuitive and has a learning curve (most likely given the sheer amount of possibilities it provides), continues to add text and object effects (which feels dated, and I rarely see sites with it), and lacks a robust library of templates. However - So far, WWB undoubtedly reigns. As my favorite web builder - I'd like it to stay that way. I believe pablo undervalues this software and should increase the WWB price point.
wwonderfull wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:01 am It never was a competitor for WP, wix, squarespace or any others.
Last edited by johnsmith0251 on Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
johnsmith0251

Post by johnsmith0251 »

Rob - this was what I was looking for! I'm disadvantaged because I know little about wp (just the talking points I've read online) and have yet to toy with or use it. In doing general research on this topic, so many articles point the average users (nontechies?) to believe wp is incredibly simple and developers are dinosaurs. This, of course, spills over to those other web builders like wix, squarespace, etc. It feels like an HGTV show that makes people believe the full kitchen reno can be done with just themselves and their mom, lol.

You nailed it here! Your response is gold for dealing with potential clients that push the idea of wp. Between your response highlighting the backend technical aspect and @onlye response highlighting client phycology, I feel much more equipped (and confident) in contining to steer potential clients away from wp.

Rob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:29 pm So not to be a "late to the party" but "WordPress" always perks my ears and not in a good way. My issue with WP is that you MUST keep it up to date lest it be hacked (a nice money maker), HOWEVER, if you do - most likely it will break. The WP platform must agree with the server settings, which must agree with the builder used, which must still agree with the template used, which must still agree with every single 3rd party hack of a plugin used. Personal experience tells me it simply isn't worth the hassle. WB is a must more stable solution - bar none. And if they must use a web-based tool for ecommerce purposes, there are better solutions than WP (such as any all in one self hosted solution - like a Shopify or Ecwid) which can be linked to the brochure website done in WB.

As a business, I always tell the client - if they need website updates to be made (my pricing actually includes 15 min/mo), I am happy to make them affordably. They have better things to do than mess with a website builder - like run their business.

Let me know if I've missed any important points that were trying to be made.

JMO

https://www.thewebsiteguy.biz/whyihatewordpress.html
Rob

Post by Rob »

johnsmith0251 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:05 pm so many articles point the average users (nontechies?) to believe wp is incredibly simple
Technically there are "builders" for WP that make it "simple" but 1 - that doesn't take away from what WP is, and 2 - the builders often use bloated code - to a point made earlier.

Glad to lend an opinion. :-)

#WB>WP
The Website Guy - MN
Rob

Post by Rob »

Pablo's implantation of PayPal is perfect
Getting off topic slightly but what I would really love is a card as a pre-made block where it is super easy to add product options (= pricing adjustment) without the need to figure out the back-end.

KInda like this template, but not only does price change with quantity but also with the size of the t shirt.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/suppo ... tique.html

Help or thoughts?
The Website Guy - MN