PayPal Mini Cart

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Mini Paypal Cart - New. How do you add shipping costs or tax to cart?

I'm also having some issues with the formating. The 'quantity' label shows just to the left of the drop down box for amount, but the quantity dropdown box displays on the next line below the amount dropdown box

eg

Price:
[price dropdownbox] Quantity:
[quantity dropdownbox]

Ideally this should be:

eg Price: [price drop down]
Quantity: [quantity drop down]

Because I'm using my own 'add to cart' and 'view cart' buttons they must be slightly longer than the standard ones and are now partially overlapping each other. It is possible for me to change the spacing between the buttons?

Cheers

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Adding tax or shipping just set the input value for both example below shows shipping cost please note this will not get displeyed in the cart but will show at checkout....

Spacing you own buttons take a look at the line of code below the highlighted part in red you can increase the size ie 110px, 120px to space your own button....
<input type="image" src="images/view.jpg" align="top" style="position:absolute;left:100px;top:90px" border="0" name="submit" alt="view cart" class="button" value="View your cart" vspace="4">

Changing postion of text this would require redoing the form code in the extension to allow positioning that you need at this time I cant work on the extension to do this maybe at a later date or maybe Kevin can take a look at this if he has the time...

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:32 am

Thanks for that.

Is it possible for me to remove the 'does not include shipping & tax' label beneath the Subtotal figure on the hovering cart?

Cheers

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:34 am

Yes but you will have to modify the minicart.js manualy to do this open the minicart.js file in any html.text editor and look for line
var shippingNotice = createElement('span', 'does not include shipping & tax', please note I havent tested removing this so I cannot say if this will effect how the cart works.... in place of the line of text you wish to remove you could add in its place.... "tax & shipping added at checkout"

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:01 pm

Have edited that line in the minicart.js file and simply replaced the existing text with 'includes shipping'. Closed down and restarted WYSIWYG and created a new paypal mini cart but it is retaining the 'does not include shipping and tax' label. (this is in preview mode)

Any thoughts on what might be happening?

Cheers

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:12 pm

Please clear your temporary cache this is probably storing a copy of the old script, html etc...

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:25 pm

You mean temporary internet files? Done but with no effect

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:39 pm

Then this is probably because you are still loading the original js file when pre-viewing the extension, the modification can only be done when you are ready to finally upload to your server where you will then see the changes made in the minicart js...you cannot make the changes then preview again in WB as this will always load the embeded minicart js that loads with the extension this will always over right any changes made manauly....

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:45 pm

You are quite right, tested changes made to minicart.js on server. Is labelling correctly now.

Thank you very much for your help, MUCH appreciated!

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:48 pm

One more thing while I'm on this topic, I'm based in New Zealand and our currency isn't listed in the drop down selection (NZD) is it possible to add this?

Cheers

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:06 am

You sure it not there take a look in currency code (NZD) is in between NOK and PHP in the drop down of currencies...

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:10 am

Thanks, didn't see the scroll bar.

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:26 am

I'm having a bit of trouble grasping how to add the shipping costs. I want to provide the purchaser with two shipping options (with different costs) for them to choose from for a particular item. Could someone please step me through the process of setting this up?

Cheers

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:21 am

Sorry this is not possible with the extension... to do this it would need another drop-down option added to allow the user to be able to select the shipping costs that you have for the items for sale.....

brassnugget

Post by brassnugget » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:58 pm

Thanks for all your help. I think the addition of a shipping drop down selection would be a valuable addition to this extension if you had the time!