Insert HTML Object

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
mfirlotte

Insert HTML Object

Post by mfirlotte »

Hello everyone...

I'm adding some HTML and Javascript code for a mini-shopping cart by using the Insert HTML Object. So far, all is working as expected.

As the shopping cart expands in height as someone Adds to Cart, is there a way to dynamically grow/shrink the space occupied by the HTML Object?

Right now, I make it quite tall just in case, but when add only one or two items to the cart, it leaves a lot of white space before the footer appears.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.
====
Mitch
====
crispy68

Re: Insert HTML Object

Post by crispy68 »

Hard to say without really knowing what code you've actually added.

Do you have a link to the page to see it in action? Is the html box for the cart inside anything (layer, layout grid, etc)?
mfirlotte

Post by mfirlotte »

Thanks Crispy68.

No..the HTML Object is not inside any containers or layers. It's free standing.

URL: https://cuttingboards.firlottecreations ... MF001.html

At bottom of page, there is extra white space BUT when you click Add to Cart, that page (cart.html) has even more white space to accommodate several items. I'd like it to grow and shrink based on the amount of entries in the cart.

No worries, but if you continue on from there (no need), it goes to PayPal Sandbox.

Thanks.
====
Mitch
====
zinc

Post by zinc »

Sorry to butt in here but what shopping cart are you using for your site?
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
mfirlotte

Post by mfirlotte »

I'm following the demo I found here.

https://jquery-sessionstorage-cart.herokuapp.com/

I wrote another shopping cart in PHP but was unable to combine it into WYSIWYG properly so now I'm trying Javascript and jQuery. Integrates better and works pretty well except for the responsiveness and HTML Object sizing.

EDIT: Note that this is just a demo/mock-up from my "real" website that uses VibracartPro extension and backend. I trying different ideas as my hosting provider caused some issues with VibracartPro by disabling PHP curl() that is used. It took them 12 days to fix the issue but it's still not perfect so am looking at other ways.
====
Mitch
====
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

It appears to me that the html object is set to: Use <div> to set position and size of the HTML.

With this setting, the width and height are set (fixed) and not responsive. You could add some CSS and to set the height of the html box to 'auto'.

Code: Select all

<style>
#Html1{height:auto;}
</style>
However, this will only allow your html box to expand. The footer and Secure image have fixed positioning down the page so there will still be white space unless you move them up.

The best way for this to work is to use a flexible layout (ex: layout grid). This will allow it to expand and push down the footer as needed.
mfirlotte

Post by mfirlotte »

Thanks Crispy68...I'll try these later today. Sounds promising.
====
Mitch
====
zinc

Post by zinc »

mfirlotte wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:06 pm I'm following the demo I found here.

https://jquery-sessionstorage-cart.herokuapp.com/

I wrote another shopping cart in PHP but was unable to combine it into WYSIWYG properly so now I'm trying Javascript and jQuery. Integrates better and works pretty well except for the responsiveness and HTML Object sizing.

EDIT: Note that this is just a demo/mock-up from my "real" website that uses VibracartPro extension and backend. I trying different ideas as my hosting provider caused some issues with VibracartPro by disabling PHP curl() that is used. It took them 12 days to fix the issue but it's still not perfect so am looking at other ways.
Looks good! But I still love Pablo's easy to use approach to PayPal. Thanks Mitch!
mfirlotte

Post by mfirlotte »

No problem zinc.

Those work very well too as does VibracartPro. VibracartPro offers Discount Coupons which is great. However, I also want Gift Certificates so I wrote my own cart in PHP that offers all but am unable to combine it into my existing WYSIWYG site and I do not want to hand-code all my other pages.

So...that's why I'm playing around and running tests.
====
Mitch
====
zinc

Post by zinc »

Well-done!!!