Do I load the "New Folder" to the host site?

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
ptlycldy

Do I load the "New Folder" to the host site?

Post by ptlycldy »

I just noticed there is a folder called "New Folder" that is created every time I publish. I have been sending it, along with everything else, to the host of my web page. Is it necessary to be uploaded to the host site?

Thanks for your info.

Ptlycldy
Pablo

Re: Do I load the "New Folder" to the host site?

Post by Pablo »

This folder is not part of WWB. Maybe you have (accidentally) added it yourself?
ptlycldy

Post by ptlycldy »

Thanks for your response, Pablo, but --

the "New Folder" is created in the "options" popup of Publish under the "Files and Folders" tab under the box at the top for "System Folder".

Not sure if it defaults to "New Folder", or that's what windows puts up if it defaults to creating a folder in response to the set up of WWB, or that i may have entered that folder name long ago.

Appears to be a system folder and is added to upon publishing.

The question, I guess still is, should I upload this system folder, in my case called New Folder, to the host to make some feature run correctly?

Thanks,

Ptlycldy
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

"New Folder' is not a default value,. I think you have added this yourself.
Anyway, it is not needed.

Also note that using spaces in folder names is not correct.
ptlycldy

Post by ptlycldy »

Ref: New folder and the space: I blame that one on Bill Gates and crew ;=} :D That's windows' default when new folder is clicked. If you invent it, guess you can get away with it. :)

Anyway, Pablo, I still am confused (my usual state.) What I am talking about (WYSIWYG v18.3.2) is when you go to:
Home-> Publish -> (in the publish box, the tiny icon in the lower right corner) -> Files and Folders (in the options popup) -> System Folder(use with caution) entry. In my version, the default appears to be C:\\Local Publish\New Folder. Any time I publish, the software either creates this folder, New folder, and/or populates it with a bunch of folders and files as well as a log. The options popup says it is a "System Folder" So I guess I am asking is to confirm that the system it refers to is the one hosting the WYSIWYG software, not the web page. That is don't FTP the folder it to the hosting computer.

Sorry to be a pain in the neck for you, Pablo.

ptlycldy
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

In my version, the default appears to be C:\Local Publish\New Folder.
This folder is for publishing locally, in case you are uploading the file manually to the web host.
If it is set to "C:\Local Publish\New Folder.", then you will need to upload the contents of "New Folder", not the folder itself.

But why not directly publish to the webhost via the built-in FTP?