Let's imagine I have a layout grid with 4 columns. I have an object (text or button or something( in columns 1, 3 and 4.
I want to delete column 2. So, I go into the properties of the layout grid and select column 2 and "remove" it. I go back and find that I have also lost some of my objects. So a Ctrl-Z to undo the delete is necessary to get my objects back.
So, is there a way of doing this so I don't lose the objects in other columns?
If you want to try it, here's a wbs file with a 4 column layout grid with data in cols 1, 3 and 4. Tell me how I can lose column 2 without losing some data.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/cx460nus ... 5mq76&dl=0
cheers
Alan
How do I know what to delete in a layout grid
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
IMPORTANT NOTE!!
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
-
alan_sh
-

- Posts: 2023
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:50 pm
- Pablo
- Posts: 24989
- Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:00 pm
- Location: Europe
- Contact:
Re: How do I know what to delete in a layout grid
When you remove a column via the properties dialog, then you are only changing the structure of the grid. The objects are not automatically reassigned to different columns.
In this case, the objects still exists on the page, but they are not associated with any column, because the structure has changed.
If you use the Layout Grid tools on the ribbon, then the command is directly executed on the page structure and in that case objects are reassigned.

In this case, the objects still exists on the page, but they are not associated with any column, because the structure has changed.
If you use the Layout Grid tools on the ribbon, then the command is directly executed on the page structure and in that case objects are reassigned.

-
alan_sh
-

- Posts: 2023
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:50 pm
Re: How do I know what to delete in a layout grid
Thank you. I thought "Delete" from the top menu would delete the whole object so I never thought to try it.
Cheers
Alan
Cheers
Alan