Database error message

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
Post Reply
paulinlapine
 
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2026 5:01 pm

Database error message

Post by paulinlapine »

I've been using wysiwyg web builder for a couple years now. My site has a login page to allow members to login to a private page. All has worked fine in adding new members, and changing passwords for them in the past. I use the login tool to download the database, edit it and then upload the changes. Today I started to get the message "Unfortunately it is not possible to edit the MySQL table locally, this can only be done online" when I want to change the database. I've never had this issue before. How do I resolve it?
User avatar
Pablo
 
Posts: 24990
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Database error message

Post by Pablo »

If it suddenly stopped working and you did not change anything yourself, then this is most likely as web host related issue.
Maybe they have changed something on the server?
User avatar
onlye
 
 
Posts: 546
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:36 am
Location: Gluckstadt, MS USA
Contact:

Re: Database error message

Post by onlye »

paulinlapine wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 11:11 pm ... I use the login tool to download the database, edit it and then upload the changes. Today I started to get the message "Unfortunately it is not possible to edit the MySQL table locally, this can only be done online" ...
i use the crud extension to edit the database online for a couple of my sites. you can create a password protected page so only you see the update extension and then you can do the edit to the sql table directly without the download and upload.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
Post Reply